Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

changing pressure on apap
changing pressure on apap
Help changing pressure on a remstar system one auto apap when I go to setup then ramp start it will only let me go from what was set which is 9 down to 4 it will not let me go upward.Also I didn't get a manual with my machine should I of?Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: changing pressure on apap
a I did get permission from doc he thinks min.pressure is to low because my 90%is betwwen 16,5 to 19
Post Reply Post Reply
You should have gotten the basic manual. They remove the Clinicians manual, but you can get that here.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Not sure what you are asking...if you want to change the ramp start pressure, you can change it to start from 4 or closer to your minimum pressure.

If your 90% pressure is 16, a more efficient pressure range would be 14-20. Set ramp to start at 9.

You don't say what your AHI is.....watch for Clear Airways when raising pressure.

If you can post a screenshot of a typical night, we can give your more accurate answers.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2016, 06:02 AM)bigcat Wrote: Help changing pressure on a remstar system one auto apap when I go to setup then ramp start it will only let me go from what was set which is 9 down to 4 it will not let me go upward.Also I didn't get a manual with my machine should I of?Thanks
To change the minimum pressure setting you must be in the clinician's set up menu, not the patient set up menu. Get the clinical manual for your machine. It will tell you how to get into the clinical set up menu and change the settings.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks guys telling me to take a screenshot is very new to me im very new to computers so bare with me.My ahi was 4.7 last night 90%pressure was 19,thanks for your quick answers I really appreciate it
Post Reply Post Reply
hey thanks so much it worked I put min.to 12 to try and max is still 20.ThanksOne more thing is a nasal mask more comfortable then a full face mask and if I would like to try one can I buy one from the place that set up my machine or do I have to go through the doctor.Again thanks so much you guys have been super helpful
Post Reply Post Reply
There's no prescription involved with a mask, so you can just contact the DME (durable medical equipment) people who provided your APAP machine.

You might want to ask people's opinion about whether or not a nasal mask will seal well at the treatment pressures you use.

I use a nasal mask and like it, but my treatment pressure is only 11.0 cm (fixed).

(05-18-2016, 07:57 AM)bigcat Wrote: hey thanks so much it worked I put min.to 12 to try and max is still 20.ThanksOne more thing is a nasal mask more comfortable then a full face mask and if I would like to try one can I buy one from the place that set up my machine or do I have to go through the doctor.Again thanks so much you guys have been super helpful

Post Reply Post Reply
ok thanks any other peoples info I sure would listen if you think my pressure is to high for a nasal mask,i sleep on my side and thought maybe it would be easier and not break my seal
Post Reply Post Reply
You might want to start a new thread to ask people.

(05-18-2016, 08:49 AM)bigcat Wrote: ok thanks any other peoples info I sure would listen if you think my pressure is to high for a nasal mask,i sleep on my side and thought maybe it would be easier and not break my seal

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bigcat,
Ask your DME about trying a different mask, it's can be the hardest part of this therapy, so don't be shy about trying different ones, 'till you find the one that works for you.
Good luck finding a mask.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,213 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 140 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 122 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 217 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 17 902 04-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 637 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 132 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.