Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

check in - reducing CAs and FLs - still tired
check in - reducing CAs and FLs - still tired
Hi all

I wanted to post a couple night's worth of charts (last night and night before) which have left me feeling better than some nights (which leave me feeling zombie-like), but still tired. I think the FLs are about as good as I can expect, however, I thought the CAs would have reduced by now - I've been at these setting for a couple months at least. THey seem to cluster, and sometimes only appear after I get up to pee.

I've also been trying different masks in the last few months, and have (so far) settled on the ResMed AirFit P30i, but with this one I notice constant leaks in the graph that aren't there at all with the ResMed Airfit P10 or the Nuance Pro. They are low, so maybe not an issue? I think like this mask best because it's easier to breathe (the nasal holes seem larger) and it doesn't push my skin forward near my eyes like the Nuance pro does, which causes pockets to form where my cheeks meet my eyes. However, the Nuance Pro has zero leaks, and according to the charts, is better on paper, but it's harder to breathe, for some reason. 

I have the Pressure Support set as high as I can to reduce flow limits, so it looks like there might be a trade off to reduce the PS, and lose some CAs, but gain back some FL. I also think both contribute to a night where I'm not as rested as I could be. Not sure which is worse? Are CAs or FLs more likekly to reduce sleep quality?

I have also noticed consistent waking up at 3 or 4am, and then it is often (not always) tough to get back to sleep. Those first 4 hours of sleep are my best of the night.

Thoughts? thanks as always

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: check in - reducing CAs and FLs - still tired
What was your AHI on your sleep test? Your numbers look like mine, my AHI with PAP is ~3 mostly all CAs and have seen no improvement. I think it is a sleep hygiene issue with me. I think I am super sensitive to caffeine to where even one cup in the morning affects my sleep that night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2020, 04:07 PM)weiss27md Wrote: What was your AHI on your sleep test?  Your numbers look like mine, my AHI with PAP is ~3 mostly all CAs and have seen no improvement.  I think it is a sleep hygiene issue with me.  I think I am super sensitive to caffeine to where even one cup in the morning affects my sleep that night.

Thanks!! AHI was 8, so I'm mild. I don't drink caffeinated coffee at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
No soda, tea or chocolate either? Any other medical issues like reflux, etc? How long is it usually between your last meal and bed time? Taking any supplements?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 164 5 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 162 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,953 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 130 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 254 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 88 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.