Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

check your settings
I have a copy now of the clinician's manual for my machine. I read through the thing last night, and then I checked through my settings.
My machine was set on nasal mask. I am using nasal pillows. Sad

I don't know if it makes much difference in the big scheme of things, but at least I have it set correctly now. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
It can make a difference. The machine needs to know the mask type and tube type and length to use the FOT central apnea detection with greatest accuracy. Then there is the intentional leak rate through the mask vent(s). To score the unintentional leaks, it needs the mask type to know the flow due to mask flush versus pressure curve.
Post Reply Post Reply
in other, albeit more technical words, it could cause your leak numbers to look goofy.
Post Reply Post Reply

yeah --- that's what I wondered about. I keep getting those crazy leaks, but I haven't been awakened by them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2014, 10:37 AM)retired_guy Wrote: in other, albeit more technical words, it could cause your leak numbers to look goofy.

You broke the code.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2014, 10:37 AM)retired_guy Wrote: in other, albeit more technical words, it could cause your leak numbers to look goofy.

You're getting a bit technical here with your cutting-edge terminology, but I think I get the basic idea.

Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

(09-07-2014, 09:36 AM)Simon M Wrote:

You're getting a bit technical here with your cutting-edge terminology, but I think I get the basic idea.

Bigwink

Remember he's an engineer and as such; The optimist sees a glass that's half full. The pessimist sees a glass that's half empty. An engineer sees a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be.

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Nights in…Need Settings Advice bnephew 18 347 7 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Advise for a Novice w Settings BlueJay22 5 158 09-14-2017, 10:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Auto CPAP Advise Settings ? BlueJay22 5 309 09-07-2017, 03:00 PM
Last Post: BlueJay22
  [Equipment] BiPAP ramp settings theebrad 9 218 09-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Last Post: theebrad
  Z1 settings change Rydermuttart 6 227 09-06-2017, 08:09 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  settings change? Gary1of2 6 231 09-04-2017, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Gary1of2
  My new machine feels different despite same model and settings. nathanoj 5 240 09-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Last Post: nathanoj