Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

check your settings
check your settings
I have a copy now of the clinician's manual for my machine. I read through the thing last night, and then I checked through my settings.
My machine was set on nasal mask. I am using nasal pillows. Sad

I don't know if it makes much difference in the big scheme of things, but at least I have it set correctly now. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: check your settings
It can make a difference. The machine needs to know the mask type and tube type and length to use the FOT central apnea detection with greatest accuracy. Then there is the intentional leak rate through the mask vent(s). To score the unintentional leaks, it needs the mask type to know the flow due to mask flush versus pressure curve.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
in other, albeit more technical words, it could cause your leak numbers to look goofy.
Post Reply Post Reply
yeah --- that's what I wondered about. I keep getting those crazy leaks, but I haven't been awakened by them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2014, 10:37 AM)retired_guy Wrote: in other, albeit more technical words, it could cause your leak numbers to look goofy.

You broke the code.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2014, 10:37 AM)retired_guy Wrote: in other, albeit more technical words, it could cause your leak numbers to look goofy.

You're getting a bit technical here with your cutting-edge terminology, but I think I get the basic idea.

Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2014, 09:36 AM)Simon M Wrote:

You're getting a bit technical here with your cutting-edge terminology, but I think I get the basic idea.

Bigwink

Remember he's an engineer and as such; The optimist sees a glass that's half full. The pessimist sees a glass that's half empty. An engineer sees a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be.

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] One year in, need a reality check BuzzaJim 2 159 03-30-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 136 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  How can I check if my ClimateAir actually heats up? NoddingHacker 1 203 02-06-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,734 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 897 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Question 24 years old, Central Sleep Apnea only. Check out my OSCAR data? FL00D 4 1,046 10-02-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] CPAP starts and runs like it's doing a leak check after getting a new mask ironballsmcginty 1 422 09-28-2023, 05:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.