Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

checking my numbers
checking my numbers
I just checked my numbers with the sleepyhead software program for the first time.
Most recent:
AHI = .039
RERA Index = 0.52
Hours per Night = 7.41
Pressure = 8.00
Average Total Leaks = 24.18
95% Total Leaks = 32.00

I've been on CPAP for 49 days and I'm due to see my sleep doctor in ten days.

Just looking for an advance opinion on how I'm doing. I have mild sleep apnea, AHI of 12.1

regards,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: checking my numbers
Your AHI looks good, .39 versus 12 times an hour prior to CPAP, the other important thing that you can't measure in numbers is how you feel and whether the symptoms you had prior to being diagnosed are lifting or getting better. Keep it up
Post Reply Post Reply
You're doing great. Your AHI is wonderful. And like Tez said, how you feel is more important. Be sure to discuss that with the doc as well.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi navy veteran 1968,
Sounds like you are off to a good start, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
As others have said, the AHI data looks good.

I want to comment on the leak data. Your signature indicates you're using a PR System One Auto CPAP. The System One machines report total leak, which includes both the intentional leak built into the mask to prevent rebreathing of CO2 and untentional leaks. On a System One, a "perfect" leak rate depends on both the mask you are using (the Wisp) and the pressure you are using (8cm). Your user guide for the Wisp should have a chart in it that indicates what the expected or intentional leak rate is at various pressures. I couldn't find a copy of the user manual on line. That said, the wisp is a small nasal mask and it's leak rate is probably similar to the leak rates of other small nasal masks such as the Swift FX nano. Most small nasal masks have an expected leak rate of about 30 L/min at 8 cm (plus or minus a few L/min). Assuming the Wisp is similar to other small nasal masks, your leak rate numbers:
Quote:Average Total Leaks = 24.18
95% Total Leaks = 32.00
are right where they ought to be.

So in addition to the fact that you're doing really well as far as the AHI is concerned, you can also assume that any problems you have with leakage are very, very minimal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 117 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 352 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 604 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,017 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Checking pressure Made 2 367 10-01-2023, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 509 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
Sad Waking up around 4-5am every night. Occasional Aerophagia. Good numbers? jkang9080 3 537 08-22-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.