Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

chest pain after 5 years of cpap
chest pain after 5 years of cpap
Hi all.
Ive been having chest pain while using my cpap.
I used the machine for almost 5 years!
Never had any issues. I went down the medical route and saw a cardiologist with scans and halter monitors etc and all is fine.
I also saw a pulmonologist, had asthma test and ct scans etc and all is fine.
Lastly i saw a gastroentologist and you guessed it, all is fine.
Might be worth metioning that about a year ago i had a nissen fundoplication.
I cant burp, so maybe its trapped air?
Both sleep doctor and surgeon who done stumach dont see connection.
I cleaned my maks etc weekly, changed filters etc.
Tried with and without humidifier
I stopped using the machine and the chest pain is gone.
But now my tiredness,groginess etc is back.
Could anybody tell if my pressure is too high or to low?
If im better off with apap or cpap?
Ive attached a couple of screenshots, 2 apap and 1 cpap
kind regards and thank you in advance for any help or advice.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: chest pain after 5 years of cpap
The graphs you posted are over a year old.  Have you been off Cpap for that long?

If yes, we need to help you get started up again with a focus on the Aerophagia issue (the swallowing of air.)

Set your machine to Auto Mode using a minimum pressure of 8cm and a maximum of 8cm.  Set EPR to 3.   The idea is to start at a lower pressure to gauge how you tolerate it and not swallow air.  The use of EPR will help you exhale easier and by using the auto mode with the same min and max pressure, we can still see if you experience flow limitations.

Repost after a night or two.  

As far as the "swallowing of air", try to sleep with your head and chest slightly elevated, preferably on your side.  Don't eat anything heavy 3 to 4 hours before bed and limit drinking.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for your reply. Yes i have been off cpap for a while. 7 months. But for some reason their was no data to import. Even though i have done it before. I used the card reader ,but seems mo data. Very strange. Ok so i sill set it on auto 8-8 and epr. I will try that a couple of nights and post it again.How are my flow limitations on them screenshots. Im a noob with data. Again,thank you so much for your advice
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2022, 08:04 AM)Twilight01 Wrote: How are my flow limitations on them screenshots...

We look at the 95% reading for FL and like to see it under .10

When you used the EPR in Auto mode, FL was low. FL have a tendency to raise pressure even when not needed.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just put the sd card back in the machine and changed the settings like you suggested. Ill come back in a couple of days with a new screenshot
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. As requested here are 2 new oscar files after 2 nights with your settings. Auto 8-8 EPR 3.

Any advice is much appreciated

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Using EPR, the flow limitation is down. Your numbers are good, so the question is how do you feel? Did you still experience the Aerophagia?
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
At the moment after 2 nights all is fine. We will see after a while. So all is good,i dont need a higher or lower pressure then?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm inclined to say hold steady for a few days. If you don't experience Aerophagia, you may be able to lower it a little and still get good results.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 985 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 180 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,019 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 681 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 543 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Confused After A Few Years Sleeper396 2 293 02-18-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeper396

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.