Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

chin pad
chin pad
    OK, I have mentioned in other threads about the good results I have had keeping my mouth closed with a chin pad. I've experimented a lot trying to get it better.

My wife bought me some of those neck bands that keep you cool in the summer. She took one that uses little freezer packets, took the packets out and filled it with rice.....dry, not cooked. Several nice things, it can be filled to your needs, it's soft and comfortable and has ends that can be tied and adjusted in the back. This one is called "Icy Bandana by Icy Cools".
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: chin pad
So...the dog got his toy back? And maybe I could return my wife's scarf too!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi drgrimes,
That sounds like a GREAT alternative to a chinstrap, I'll have to try that, thank you for all of your neat suggestions for alternative to the headlock and the headband, (Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, Jim the dog got his toy back, now he's starting to hide his toys.
One nice thing about this rig is that if you have to adjust your mask or scratch your nose you don't have the chin strap interfering. Also it stays in place if you have to get up for something.

I also had problems with a chin strap slipping off as I thrashed around in the middle of the night. The chin pad stays in place much better.

Trish thanks for your kind words. I hope this idea helps someone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 5 597 03-08-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 367 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,108 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 501 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Chin Tucking as cause of apnea ejbpesca 111 6,172 02-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Chin Strap for Full Face Mask? newtothis1 5 649 01-01-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: newtothis1
  Chin Strap or Cervical Collar with Nasal Pillows? Columbiabill 2 558 12-26-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.