Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

chin-up strips
chin-up strips
Anyone had any luck with chin-up strips?
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: chin-up strips
I've been using chinstrap since started using nasal mask some 3 years ago. I wear it over the mask (loose, not tight), helps keep mask in place, reminder to keep mouth closed and importantly not waking up with dry mouth
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi readyforsleep,
I think chinup strips are a type of tape but I've never had to use them.
It seems to me like I've read here on the board about some people using them.
Hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried making my own with tape, never had much luck. I like my chinstrap more since it helps keeps my mask in place as well. Well, I guess like is a strong word, but I tolerate it and it works well.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a problem with chinstraps. Either I'm not putting them on right or they just don't fit me. I bought a new one yesterday, a Kego Deluxe III Chinstrap. It's manufactured like the Ruby Red but I had the worst mouth leaks that I've had in a while. I've been using the lubricant mouthwash. Anyone have any hints?
Post Reply Post Reply
I had to go through several before I found one that works. I like the SP-CHADJ but it's going to be a personal thing. I also found it works best if I put it on as loosely as possible.
Post Reply Post Reply
Readyforsleep, there's been a few members here who have used them in the past. I did a forum search and found a few results. No one seemed to like them. Someone mentioned finding a video about how to put them on.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/search....order=desc

My skin can't handle tape well so I've not really looked into it that much. I think the concept is to basically use tape to pull the chin up and stick it to the cheeks. I would think a chin strap would be more comfortable!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 5 597 03-08-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 367 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,108 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 501 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Chin Tucking as cause of apnea ejbpesca 111 6,172 02-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Chin Strap for Full Face Mask? newtothis1 5 649 01-01-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: newtothis1
  Breathe Right Strips and Central Apneas TiredTom111 10 1,174 12-26-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.