Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

choosing a mask
choosing a mask
My husband is trying the Phillips Respironics Dreamwear mask which covers his mouth and extends only to the bottom of his nose.

He has tried small, medium, medium wide, and large cushion sizes with the medium size frame. The mask hisses all night from leaks so it isn't working.

We have ordered a small frame size which may fit better.

We may order one other mask and are considering the ResMed AirFit F20 since it was recommended on three sites as good for mouth breathers.

He generally sleeps on his back.

My intuition is that he would do best with a mask that covers both his mouth and his nose.

What might you recommend?

Thank you for any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: choosing a mask
I started out using an AirFit F20. It works well. When the F30 came out, I ordered one, and it's my current go to mask. 

I'm a side sleeper and a mouth breather. The F20 is a bit bulkier and a bit more claustrophobic feeling though. But, I suspect it seals a bit better.

BTW.....hello and a big welcome to the best sleep apnea forum on the net.  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used the airfit F20 for several years. It's the most comfortable and best sealing masked I have used. I tried the Amara view which is similar to the mask your husband is using and had significant leak issues. Since ourfaces are all different what has worked well for me may not for him but I think the airfit F20 is worth a try.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a my current go-to mask the Fisher and Paykel Vitera full face. It's not going to have a nasal cradle style though. However I did have a new Titration last Monday that the tech gave me a ResMed F30i in medium to use for the study. And I kept it afterwards as COVID restrictions mean they throw test masks away.

Maybe look up that ResMed F30i and see what you think. I've only used mine overnight, but it's like the style you're after. It appears it has 3 vent locations on the front, left and right near the magnetic fasteners and then front and center a bigger vent.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 806 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Apnea Test Results and Choosing the Right CPAP? dank44 0 418 07-03-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: dank44
  Help Choosing the Right Machine janelleb1985 4 579 06-07-2023, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,526 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Need advice on choosing a new machine Quackdoctor 6 759 03-21-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,626 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,215 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.