cate1898 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PR System One 560BT Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10's/backup-DreamWear
Humidifier: PR attached
CPAP Pressure: 8.5 - 13. A-Flex 3
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Began CPAP Therapy Sept. 11, 2015. Hx Hypertension, Post Graves Disease, chronic migraines.

Sex: Female

RE: cleaning thread?
Maybe I'm a bit OCD, but I clean my water tank, slimline hose, P10 tube, and of course the nasal pillows every morning and hang to dry. I've read/heard that the hoses and tank do not need daily cleaning. I've heard anywhere from 3 days to 7 for those items. But I prefer to wash them all each morning. I hang them over a towel rod which is over a heat register in the bathroom (which will only have heat weather depending).

APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!! Rolleyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
10-09-2015 04:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
quip Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: IntelliPAP Integrated Heated Humidifier- Level 4
CPAP Pressure: 6-16
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: Diagnosed on 8-15-15 and started CPAP therapy on 9-14-15

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: cleaning thread?
(10-08-2015 05:12 AM)zonk Wrote:  From http://www.resmed.com/uk/en/consumer/sup...-mask.html
Please remember that you must not use solutions containing vinegar, bleach, chlorine, alcohol, aromatics, moisturisers, antibacterial agents or scented oils to clean any part of the mask system or air tubing. These solutions could cause damage and reduce the life of the product

Hi Zonk,

I really appreciate you answering my question for me. As a new PAPer, I have a quest for knowledge for anything that is pertaining to CPAPs and I read in this book "Sleep Apnea & the CPAP" that the author (of the book) routinely uses either ethyl alcohol or isopropyl alcohol to clean his tubes with!! I think knowing what you told me now about everything like alcohol, vinegar, bleach, etc . . . that the author who wrote that book should rewrite the book without telling his audience to be alcohol in their tubes.

I'm a person that is always on the cautious side of things . .. since I don't know the book author from before and I have much more knowledge about the experienced PAPers around here, I decide to post my question about rubbing alcohol. The only main problem now is I have four huge bottles on rubbing alcohol on hand (that I can't use in my tubes). I think I will use them for my Emergency First Aid kit.

Thanks again for your help, Zonk!

Thanks

Be the change that you wish to see in the world
10-09-2015 09:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cleaning Dream wear mask Judy1843 3 183 12-02-2016 07:13 PM
Last Post: cate1898
  Cleaning Climate-control tube on ResMed Air Sense 10 GL Bishop 18 11,270 11-07-2016 03:31 PM
Last Post: Jonesie
  Water in hose after cleaning... JustMac 3 365 10-30-2016 06:51 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP cleaning system Tommy C 97 62,779 10-20-2016 05:35 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  SoClean CPAP cleaning gizmo FormerFed 10 1,122 10-05-2016 03:37 AM
Last Post: archangle
  Question about cleaning/drying air tube RB73 16 1,072 09-25-2016 02:46 PM
Last Post: hegel
  [split] from Success Story Thread JPDTrek 2 410 07-30-2016 06:07 PM
Last Post: icyura10