Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

clear airway
clear airway
[attachment=684][attachment=683]Ok in the pie chart clear air way is dominated by blue obstructions.
I dont understand? Can someone explain please?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: clear airway
I don't understand your question.

The two screenshots are for two different dates.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2014, 09:57 PM)Bladskinner Wrote: Ok in the pie chart clear air way is dominated by blue obstructions.

Hi Bladskinner! SleepHead is reporting 4 different types of "events" for your S9 download:

1) Obstructive Apneas -- labelled OA
2) Clear Airway / Central Apneas -- labelled CA
3) Hyponeas -- labelled H
4) Unclassified Apnea -- labelled A

Your pie-chart is showing that you are having roughly 2 1/2 OAs per hour (on average), and a one CA about every 3 hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well the sleepyhead has a pie chart that seems to indicate the obstructions are taking over. I would think CA would be bigger. And I thought I posted the same day as a comparison. Sorry
Post Reply Post Reply
Bladskinner, your AHI is fine at 2.90, looking at the Sleepyhead chart you had 3 CA in 9 hours 40 mins, which could be centrals or other things like coughing or movement and the rest are obstructives. It is only one night of data, you really need to look at it over a week or two.
I wouldn't try to match up ResScan with Sleepyhead, just use one or the other, I prefer Sleepyhead but others prefer ResScan.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2014, 10:15 PM)c0reDump Wrote:
(01-28-2014, 09:57 PM)Bladskinner Wrote: Ok in the pie chart clear air way is dominated by blue obstructions.

Hi Bladskinner! SleepHead is reporting 4 different types of "events" for your S9 download:

1) Obstructive Apneas -- labelled OA
2) Clear Airway / Central Apneas -- labelled CA
3) Hyponeas -- labelled H
4) Unclassified Apnea -- labelled A

Your pie-chart is showing that you are having roughly 2 1/2 OAs per hour (on average), and a one CA about every 3 hours.
Thanks but ca should be the biggest part of the pie.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2014, 10:19 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Bladskinner, your AHI is fine at 2.90, looking at the Sleepyhead chart you had 3 CA in 9 hours 40 mins, which could be centrals or other things like coughing or movement and the rest are obstructives. It is only one night of data, you really need to look at it over a week or two.
I wouldn't try to match up ResScan with Sleepyhead, just use one or the other, I prefer Sleepyhead but others prefer ResScan.

Ok so clear airway doesn't mean it literaly.
Post Reply Post Reply
OH! I see what you mean.

No, "Clear Airway" is ResMed's term for central apnea events. They call them that because the machine cannot be 100% certain it is truly a central event.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2014, 10:24 PM)Bladskinner Wrote:
(01-28-2014, 10:19 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Bladskinner, your AHI is fine at 2.90, looking at the Sleepyhead chart you had 3 CA in 9 hours 40 mins, which could be centrals or other things like coughing or movement and the rest are obstructives. It is only one night of data, you really need to look at it over a week or two.

Ok so clear airway doesn't mean it literaly.

no, clear airway doesn't mean that nothing has happened. It means central apnea (where the brain doesn't tell you to breathe) or it could mean you are just waking up, etc. If you do not have any events of any type, that isn't shown in the pie chart and that is a good thing for the most part. HOpe this makes sense
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2014, 10:17 PM)Bladskinner Wrote: Well the sleepyhead has a pie chart that seems to indicate the obstructions are taking over. I would think CA would be bigger. And I thought I posted the same day as a comparison. Sorry

You don't want a lot of CA's...

The pie-chart is showing the relative ratio of the frequency of these different types of events. Most people with sleep apnea, will have that pie chart dominated with OA (even 100% OAs). The people who have mostly CAs will typically need BiPAP equipment to treat.

Even a single OA, and no other event the entire night would display in the pie-chart as one big blue circle. What is more important is the AHI (Apnea Hyponea Index) number -- less than 5 means good treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,403 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 122 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Clear airway Bullabill 3 237 03-12-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 269 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Struggling to reduce Clear Airway events codebread 6 908 02-23-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  String of open airway events vinegarben 34 3,898 02-16-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.