Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

clearing bipap machine
clearing bipap machine
Is it legal to clear your bipap machine to start over???
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: clearing bipap machine
Why do you want to "clear" your machine. What do you mean by clear it?
Was it provide through inurance? Are you stil in the compience period?

It is not a legal question. It might be a contractual or treatment quality issue.

What machine do you have?

Your mother might find starting over a bit awkward, You may no longer fit in her womb.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a divilbiss bilevel s machine. It is stuck on 31.5 and I don't believe it's reading correctly. Every thing else moves and gives different readings but episodes per hour stay the exact same. This number needs to go down to 20 episodes per hour
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2014, 12:34 PM)rmanifold Wrote: I have a divilbiss bilevel s machine. It is stuck on 31.5 and I don't believe it's reading correctly. Every thing else moves and gives different readings but episodes per hour stay the exact same.

I am not familiar with your machine. Perhaps you are looking at a reported Max number which is supposed to show the highest number ever measured, or perhaps a weekly average which will be updated once a week?

In other words, are you absolutely sure that the machine is not reporting the correct number?

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rmanifold,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not familiar with your machine but hang in there for more suggestions.
Best of luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and getting your machine straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not clear what you mean by "clear" the machine. Is there some sort of "reset" function in the "secret" provider menu? What is the name of the function you're trying to use to "clear" the machine?

What's the name of the value that's stuck at 31?

Be careful you don't do something to change her therapy settings.

Are you reading these numbers out of smartcode, off the display, or with some sort of software that reads the SD card?

If you haven't already done so, unplug the power for a few minutes and plug it back in. A number of machine sometimes get "stuck" and this will fix it.

It's probably not illegal to do this on your own machine. It might tick off the doctor, the DME, or the insurance company, but even that is unlikely. You may be losing some data you might want later.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
For a good "reboot" of your machine you need to leave it unplugged for longer than a few minutes. When I need to "reboot" my machine I usually unplug it in the morning and then plug it back in in the evening. That is probably way more than is needed but it is just the way that I do it.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,030 10 hours ago
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 216 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 347 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  bipap Innisfree 2 452 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Got Bipap instead of prescribed ResMed Autoset machine. Please help me get going. marvin2023 2 584 10-10-2023, 07:26 PM
Last Post: marvin2023
Sad [Treatment] Need help/advise after changing BiPAP Machine dnar82 6 730 09-29-2023, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Can I use Bipap Machine for Cpap Julia63 8 726 09-21-2023, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.