sdb7802 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PR DreamStation Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: built-in with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 9.5-14 C-Flex 3
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Retired Electrical Engineer; began using cpap in 2001; FlashAir wifi card and FlashPAP app

Sex: Male

clinical menu on A10
Not sure if this is news, but it is for me.

I noticed I can get into the clinical menu while the blower is running and can change the settings on the fly.

It will stay in that mode even if you shut off the blower.

Cons:

1.) lcd backlight and other leds stay on until you exit the clinical menu.

2.) not sure yet if datalogging continues. Will check.

I know most of the caveats and admonitions about making too many changes, too fast, and all of that stuff.

That's a personal decision.

When I have a stuffy nose, I can fine tune my starting pressure for comfort (within safe limits). Then, I exit the clinical menu, the leds go out, and I usually conk out in a few minutes.

I know there's ramp time, epr, wake up when the pressure rises, ad nauseum...

This seems to help me. Thought I would share.

Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
03-31-2016 06:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
big_dave Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PR System One DS560
Mask Make & Model: F&P Pilairo Q or ResMed Mirage Activa
Humidifier: PR System One
CPAP Pressure: 14 - 20

Other Comments: Former ResMed S8 Autoset II user

RE: clinical menu on A10
I was able to do the same thing when I was using an S8 Autoset II. It never caused any trouble with data collection. I miss being able to do that with my DS560.

I also sometimes increase my minimum pressure to deal with nasal congestion, but I would consider it a stopgap measure rather than a best practice. Have you tried a saline rinse to help reduce congestion? I rinse my sinuses nightly with a neti pot, or more often when I'm having trouble with congestion. I only increase the pressure about one night out of the month. I tried using a Mirage Quattro, but I couldn't get the leaks under control.
03-31-2016 08:26 PM
sdb7802 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PR DreamStation Auto
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: built-in with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 9.5-14 C-Flex 3

Other Comments: Retired Electrical Engineer; began using cpap in 2001; FlashAir wifi card and FlashPAP app

RE: clinical menu on A10
(03-31-2016 08:26 PM)big_dave Wrote:  Have you tried a saline rinse to help reduce congestion? I rinse my sinuses nightly with a neti pot, or more often when I'm having trouble with congestion. I only increase the pressure about one night out of the month.

Thanks for the suggestions, Dave.

Most of the time I don't have a problem. When I do, I use saline or Fluticasone which helps somewhat.

Pollen is terrible here in Georgia right now.

Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
03-31-2016 08:46 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can't get to the clinician menu Star 4 348 11-06-2016 12:28 PM
Last Post: robysue
Cool DeVilbiss Intellipap AutoBilevel DV57 Clinical Set Up JessieLC 5 365 07-11-2016 12:06 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Can't access AirSense 10 clinical settings anymore edelagrave 10 1,084 06-09-2016 11:57 PM
Last Post: chill
  international Journal of Obeasity Clinical Trial 0rangebear 3 451 03-29-2016 03:37 PM
Last Post: Carbon
  Clinical Studies 0rangebear 6 581 02-24-2016 09:33 PM
Last Post: PoolQ
  Questions on Clinician''s Menu in my PR APAP Menu SideSleeper 3 631 01-01-2016 02:38 AM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  AHI/LLeaks/PB in Clinician's Menu--PR System One SideSleeper 6 862 12-15-2015 10:14 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper