Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

clinical menu on A10
clinical menu on A10
Not sure if this is news, but it is for me.

I noticed I can get into the clinical menu while the blower is running and can change the settings on the fly.

It will stay in that mode even if you shut off the blower.

Cons:

1.) lcd backlight and other leds stay on until you exit the clinical menu.

2.) not sure yet if datalogging continues. Will check.

I know most of the caveats and admonitions about making too many changes, too fast, and all of that stuff.

That's a personal decision.

When I have a stuffy nose, I can fine tune my starting pressure for comfort (within safe limits). Then, I exit the clinical menu, the leds go out, and I usually conk out in a few minutes.

I know there's ramp time, epr, wake up when the pressure rises, ad nauseum...

This seems to help me. Thought I would share.

Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: clinical menu on A10
I was able to do the same thing when I was using an S8 Autoset II. It never caused any trouble with data collection. I miss being able to do that with my DS560.

I also sometimes increase my minimum pressure to deal with nasal congestion, but I would consider it a stopgap measure rather than a best practice. Have you tried a saline rinse to help reduce congestion? I rinse my sinuses nightly with a neti pot, or more often when I'm having trouble with congestion. I only increase the pressure about one night out of the month. I tried using a Mirage Quattro, but I couldn't get the leaks under control.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: clinical menu on A10
(03-31-2016, 08:26 PM)big_dave Wrote: Have you tried a saline rinse to help reduce congestion? I rinse my sinuses nightly with a neti pot, or more often when I'm having trouble with congestion. I only increase the pressure about one night out of the month.

Thanks for the suggestions, Dave.

Most of the time I don't have a problem. When I do, I use saline or Fluticasone which helps somewhat.

Pollen is terrible here in Georgia right now.
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Admin Note] Wanted: ResMed AirCurve 11 Clinical Guides (Clinician Manuals) SuperSleeper 1 305 03-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 228 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 391 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Please explain airsense term on clinical settings rebean 2 524 08-11-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: rebean
  DreamStation 1 Menu Names? Dolfan 7 602 07-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Dolfan
  Luna G3: Key sequence to access clinician (technician) menu? shu246 3 1,868 04-30-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Somnetics Transcend 365 Clinical Menu? flipflop49 18 2,666 01-25-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.