Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

clinical setup resmed s9 auto 25
Question 
clinical setup resmed s9 auto 25
In our local support group here in Oldenburg/Germany some member received a new device from resmed called 'resmed s9 auto 25'.
I could not find a clinical setup guide for that device in this forum.
Does anyone know if there is a special version of clinical guide for this device? Is this already accesible in this forum ? Can I use the documentation for VPAP Auto?
Thanks for help in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: clinical setup resmed s9 auto 25
Hi dschu17,
WELCOME! to the forum,! and hang in there for answers to your questions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
What does it say near the on/off button?

It should say Auto Escape or Autoset. I know there's a model called SE. Maybe the 25 is that version of it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
There's a note about the Auto 25 on the forum clinician manual page HERE

Quote:ResMed VPAP Auto 25 & VPAP ST & VPAP S (combined manual, not the S9 series)
Note: the ResMed "VPAP Auto 25" is also known as the "S8 Auto 25" outside the U.S.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found some info on it on the Resmed site.
http://www.resmed.com/epn/products/s9_au...nc=dealers

What an odd machine.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
in the data management guide on the right side of the page that Paula found, it says "Please refer to your S9 Series device Clinical Guide for further details". So I am thinking the S9 clinical guide would be adequate for this unit also. the data management guide explains some of the different symbols used when looking at this machines data on the sd card also. good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
I am very astonished how quickly responses arrived in this forum...

When looking at the box I see only 'resmed' and 'auto 25'.
In a very short documentation provided this is a device providing pressures of until 25 hPa (normal s9 CPAP only up to 20 hPa).
It seems not to be a VPAP device, but bilevel with EPR.
I should like to know how this (bilevel and EPR) work together.
I found a clinical guide for s9 VPAP devices, but it does not mention auto 25.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR is exhale pressure relief. (Respironics has x-FLEX as their brand name for it. Their bilevel would have Bi-FLEX.)

Most CPAPs can only lower the exhale pressure by 1 - 3 points. Set the EPR to "3" means inhale at, say, 12, exhale at 9.

Bilevel CPAPs can lower that exhale further than 3. These are best for folks with lung issues that make it difficult for them to push out against the treatment pressure. Some bilevel CPAPs can also go higher than 20.

VPAP is ResMed's brand name for their bilevel and BiPAP is Respironics brand name.

I would assume that the clinician manual for the Resmed VPAP would be about the same. If nothing else, it would give a general reference from which to make assumptions.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2013, 03:34 PM)dschu17 Wrote: When looking at the box I see only 'resmed' and 'auto 25'.
In a very short documentation provided this is a device providing pressures of until 25 hPa (normal s9 CPAP only up to 20 hPa).
It seems not to be a VPAP device, but bilevel with EPR.
I should like to know how this (bilevel and EPR) work together.
I found a clinical guide for s9 VPAP devices, but it does not mention auto 25.

Hi dschu17, welcome to the forum!

I think the S9 Auto 25 is not available in North America. In North America I think the S9 VPAP Auto is a similar bi-level device, except the S9 VPAP Auto allows the convenience of a third mode (VPAP-S, which is standard bilevel without auto-adjustment of the pressure), in addition to VPAP-Auto mode and standard CPAP mode. But a person could set the S9 Auto 25 to operate like a VPAP-S device, merely by setting the S9 Auto 25 parameters in such a way that it has no range for automatic adjustments, so actually a separate mode for VPAP-S is not needed.

The S9 Auto 25 web page linked to in post #5 says:

"CPAP mode Set Pressure: 4 to 20 cm H2O"

"VAuto mode Min EPAP: 4 cm H2O; Max IPAP: 25 cm H2O; Pressure support: 0 to 10 cm H2O."

"Easy-Breathe EPR (expiratory pressure relief) adjusts pressure on exhalation for maximum comfort in both CPAP and VAuto modes."

So, with the S9 Auto 25 it sounds to me like EPR and Pressure Support can be operating at the same time when in VAuto mode. Interesting. (In the S9 VPAP Auto, EPR only applies to CPAP mode.)

You can use ResScan to look at the detailed waveform plot of the High Rate Pressure and see exactly how the EPR and Pressure Support settings affect the pressure in the S9 Auto 25. (My guess would be that changing the minimum EPAP alone would change both inhale and exhale pressures equally, changing EPR alone would only change the exhale pressure, and changing Pressure Support alone would only change the inhale pressure.)

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just play around with your settings and you will figure it out. Play with the buttons, rotate the dial and pretty soon you will find the setup menu. Then just make your adjustments. It may take you 10 minutes, but you will finally stuble upon the correct menu options.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 111 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,679 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,352 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  [Admin Note] Wanted: ResMed AirCurve 11 Clinical Guides (Clinician Manuals) SuperSleeper 1 256 03-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,945 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 395 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 250 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.