Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

coincidence or not?
coincidence or not?
coincidence or not?
Wednesday night i moved my pressure from 4.8 min to 6 and left the max at 13
i moved it because breathing was a little difficult the first 8 to 10 mintues,
i am used to the machine so i should not have this problem,i remember when it was
set to cpap fixed pressure of 7 i didn't remember this as a problem well Wed night my
AHI was .00 last night .01 it is most of the time .05 to sometimes a 1.0 but never two
nights in a roll under .05 so my question is could this be from the pressure change?
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: coincidence or not?
I don,t use Ramp or EPR and set start/min pressure at 9 which is the most comfortable to fall asleep any lower would feel difficult to breathe
Usually the pressure stay between 11 and 13 for most of the night so I could increase the start pressure a bit but I,m not bothered as its an ideal setting for me to fall asleep and then the machine adjust as needed
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay Lonnie, I'm not sure I am reading this right, but if I understand you are saying that since you made the change you have had 2 nights where your AHI has been better?
If this is the case, I have a couple of things to say. First, 2 days don't mean squat! You've been around long enough to know that. Let's see what 2 weeks worth of data says. Secondly, around/under a 1? Really? Dude that's awesome why even worry about a couple tenths? I feel great when mine is a one point anything! LOL! I think there is a lot of undo attention being paid to these low numbers. People who do not qualify as having Sleep Apnea have numbers higher than that so don't sweat the small stuff! I would say you are doing what you need to do and be happy with that! Just my 2 cents tho!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi lonnieb, give it two weeks after the changes you made and see what the data says then. Since every night is different, it's kind of hard to tell how well your changes will work, give it a couple weeks and then you'll really be able to see how successful your change is.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I would say it is coincidence but only time will tell. Leave everything alone for about 2 weeks then see what the data says.

4.8 is very low. I don't think I could tolerate it! I'm so used to my 12. I stopped using ramp, too.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2012, 08:14 PM)mjbearit Wrote: Okay Lonnie, I'm not sure I am reading this right, but if I understand you are saying that since you made the change you have had 2 nights where your AHI has been better?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxfH3XzHBjnk4F4jvLhR5...I3XXQ1Nm1v] ______________ Way-to-happy

Post Reply Post Reply
I think you are all right last night was 0.4 so its still doing about the same ,I guess the .00 made me a think nothing was something,I guess I fall under what Bill Cosby saidDont-know
Sleep-well

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Bill Cosby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Coincidence or CPAP related? skylark 10 2,265 09-20-2017, 07:37 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Elevation or just coincidence? PaulaO2 6 3,847 06-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.