Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

cold air s9 resmed
RE: cold air s9 resmed
It's an AUTOSET. Joanie
If the shoe fits, see if there is another one just like it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2013, 03:20 PM)rp1scooter Wrote: It's an AUTOSET. Joanie
Congrats, top of the line machine

Post Reply Post Reply
does it sound like a bad heating plate? Joanie
Post Reply Post Reply
No, if it is getting warm to the touch, then it is working.

The heated hose gets slightly warm to the touch, not noticeably so. It's job is to keep the air inside the hose warm enough that condensation does not form, preventing "rain out".

You may not notice any temp difference in the air coming out of the machine. I don't. Some people do. Some people don't. Have you tried using the "warm up" feature first? Then see if that warms up the air enough for you?

Also, if the room where the CPAP sits is warm and humid, it won't heat up to make the air going to you humid. It senses what the ambient air is and adjusts it. You can go into the clinician settings and change the climateline from "auto" to "manual". this will then give you two humidifier settings that may make a difference.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you felt the plate getting warm, then the humidifier is fine. If the air temperature does not satisfy you, try raising it from the menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2013, 04:36 PM)rp1scooter Wrote: does it sound like a bad heating plate? Joanie
If the heater plate heat the water during warm-up mode then its working and if some of the water been used up during the night.
Whats your complaint, aren't you getting enough humidity. Hose cover or put the hose under bed cover helps keep the air warm.
Yes there is a debate whether to cover or not cover the heated hose but I have not seen anything specific from Resmed in this regard
Post Reply Post Reply
My problem is that the air coming into the face mask is COLD. Water in the tank goes from the full line to about a 1/4 full. I have a hose cover and a ramp feature. Again, when we did the test the plate went from neutral to very slightly warm. Thanks for your help. Joanie
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2013, 07:30 AM)rp1scooter Wrote: My problem is that the air coming into the face mask is COLD. Water in the tank goes from the full line to about a 1/4 full. I have a hose cover and a ramp feature. Again, when we did the test the plate went from neutral to very slightly warm. Thanks for your help. Joanie

It sounds like your humidifier is working. Did you try changing your settings in the clinical menu to manual and adjust your settings as was suggested? This may help you. Also, what is the temperature you have in your sleeping room while you are sleeping?

Sorry you are having trouble with this but hopefully you can figure out what your best settings are for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2013, 07:30 AM)rp1scooter Wrote: My problem is that the air coming into the face mask is COLD. Water in the tank goes from the full line to about a 1/4 full. I have a hose cover and a ramp feature. Again, when we did the test the plate went from neutral to very slightly warm. Thanks for your help. Joanie

That indicates it's working. And that's plenty of water taken up by the air flow.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

also did you try the warm up feature for the humidifier?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tips for continuing PAP through a cold Bostonsnow 4 535 07-28-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Head cold Barbara.Levitan 2 597 03-10-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Cold-weather camping? tundranapper 4 877 05-26-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  High pressures causing/worsening cold symptoms Chalkie 4 819 11-26-2021, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Chalkie
  BiPAP advisable with a cold? BobbieM 10 1,234 06-16-2021, 01:47 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Using CPAP while fighting off a cold or flue AlwaysTired2018 5 882 09-02-2020, 08:16 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question When I snooze my alarm, wake up groggy and have high SpO2 100% with hands cold. MyronH 1 945 02-22-2020, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.