Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

colors in pdf file
colors in pdf file
I am new member in this forum and enjoying it.

I am running OSCAR 1.1.1 on a Linux System. When printing  the summary data colors visible on the screen appear as gray shades in the pdf file.

Is there a possibility to have colors also in the pdf file?

Thank you for your help

Warrawagine
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: colors in pdf file
This sounds like a driver issue. When I print to PDF on Mac I get the colors. Maybe your printer is configured as monochrome?
Post Reply Post Reply
Indeed, I have a monochrome printer connected. However, all other linux programs generate colors in their pdf outputs.
I will check on an linux system without printer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting. What distribution and version of Linux are you running?
Post Reply Post Reply
I just printed the Daily, Overview, and Statistics screens using the Linux Mint 20 PDF printer. All printed in color.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am running LInux Mate 20 with a monochrome printer Brother HL2340D with a driver from the Brother WEB site.

After removing the printer driver pdf output files from OSCAR are in color. When the printer driver is reinstalled the pdf files are monochromatic.
All other programs on my Mate 20 OS produce pdf output files in color when with the monochromatic printer installed.

This is an indication that OSCAR realizes when a monochromatic printer is available and then chooses to print a monochromatic file.

For the time beeing I use OSCAR on a laptop under Mate 19.3 with no printer to obtain colored pdf files.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's possible there's something in Qt that doing that. Could you point us to the Brother driver that you're using? That way me might be able to replicate the behavior to see how to fix it.

I'm wondering if Qt defaults to whatever the actual printer supports, so that we need to force it to use color for PDFs?
Post Reply Post Reply
I can confirm the issue with non-color printing to .pdf, both on my production setup (OSCAR 1.1.1 under Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon) and my Beta setup (OSCAR 1.2.0-rc1 under Linux Mint 20.0 Cinnamon).  In both cases there is a non-color printer installed (Canon D480 laser).
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Out of curiosity, if you set the PDF printer as your default, will this disable the monochrome driver?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, the Pdf printer is not an explicitly installed printer, so it cannot be set as default.  It seems to simply be included in the printer selection list when printing.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 59 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,083 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 494 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Exporting Oscar File kevinmallard 2 477 12-19-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: kevinmallard
  Oscar file management on two computers nightgagger 2 530 12-18-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: nightgagger
  sample ChoiceMMed MD300W1 dat file joeblough 1 386 12-02-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: joeblough

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.