Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

combining multi data source
combining multi data source
Good Morning Folks,

First up pray everyone are well in these terrible epidemic times.

Since these "times", I now have to shuttle between parents [need caring] and my home.
So I have bought my second resmed AirCurve10 vauto. Really out necessity of constant disinfection of equipment before lugging it place to place. I now have dedicated machines at both places and only been tracking my home primary data

My question is can I combine both machine data on a single user account on OSCAR.
The data used are not 'linear'; ie uploaded one after another, but dates used is all in-between on both SD cards, whilst no 2 days are repeated of course.

I'm using my mac book for all data capture. No I have not tired backing up and doing a trail. [not the most technically savvy person ].

My apologies for asking a seemingly redundant question.

Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: combining multi data source
Yes! You can import both AirCurves into one OSCAR account. Problems only arise when switching brands or models within a profile. Since you are using the same brand and model, no problems. The differences will be displayed in the Statistics page, under Change to Machine Settings. Just use a dedicated SD card for each machine. This is because the Resmed will write the AirCurve's serial number to the card, thus making it unique for data identification.

The best to you and your parents. (I hope you're getting frequent traveler points... Big Grin)
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2022, 07:53 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Yes! You can import both AirCurves into one OSCAR account.  Problems only arise when switching brands or models within a profile.  Since you are using the same brand and model, no problems.  The differences will be displayed in the Statistics page, under Change to Machine Settings.  Just use a dedicated SD card for each machine.  This is because the Resmed will write the AirCurve's serial number to the card, thus making it unique for data identification.  

The best to you and your parents.  (I hope you're getting frequent traveler points...  Big Grin)
- Red

Many Thank Red,

Much Appreciated.
One other reason I quickly make another purchase of the AirCurve [hurt the pockets quite a bit], was worried industry is moving into a closed and propriety data system.

As to frequent traveler points, hmm ... I think I need to sign up for favored kinship, seeing that they are 'will-ing' all to grandkids. All gd. They are lovey and parents whom sacrificed plenty already.

Chris
Take care & Stay well
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2022, 07:53 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Yes! You can import both AirCurves into one OSCAR account.  Problems only arise when switching brands or models within a profile.  Since you are using the same brand and model, no problems.  The differences will be displayed in the Statistics page, under Change to Machine Settings.  Just use a dedicated SD card for each machine.  This is because the Resmed will write the AirCurve's serial number to the card, thus making it unique for data identification.  

The best to you and your parents.  (I hope you're getting frequent traveler points...  Big Grin)
- Red

Hi Red. I just wanted to confirm the above beyond hope - that I cannot combine data from an S9 and an S10 into the same OSCAR profile. I copied "Datalog" files from the S9, that were previously copied onto the Mac, onto the card from the S10 and then tried to import the data into my primary OSCAR profile (mostly S10 data). It did not work.

Any work arounds possible or id the serial # issue unavoidable? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Without the accompanying main files from the S9, the subdirectories in the DATALOG are worthless. You MUST have the complete S9 file structure.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And each machine must have its own SD card with the Identification.tgt, STR.edf, and the DATALOG folder with the daily files inside.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Red. I did copy all of the data that I could "see" on the SD cards at the time. But, I imagine that there may be additional hidden folders/files that the CPAP machine writes to the card. The primary limitation, I think as you or another wrote before, is that the ReMed appears to only allow cards to be "formatted" for one CPAP machine at a time. 
Anyway, I still do have the visible data files. Hopefully, by plugging the old S9 SD card into the S9 machine, it will format the card properly. Then I'll transfer all saved S9 data to that card and build a separate OSCAR profile for that machine. 

It does bring up the question though that if all of the data can be uploaded into OSCAR (though under different profiles), whether part of the limitation is in the OSCAR programming. 

I'd like to be able to ask an OSCAR developer if that is a possibility. If you have a contact person for that and the time, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, no problem. I appreciate the response. This board, and people like you, are invaluable. Thanks Red. Have a great weekend!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can restore the S9's summary data files, then it should be possible to add the detailed data to the card and import it into OSCAR. Since both CPAPs you are using are Resmeds, then both the S9 and AS10 should import into the same profile. The problem usually occurs when trying to import data from different brands, like a Philips and Resmed for example. Each report some of the data differently, causing a reporting problem.

As far a talking to a OSCAR developer, most are members here and will read your posts. Currently, discussion is underway on a total redesign of the code for OSCAR 2.0. Enhancements to the current code, other than correcting errors, is on the back burner.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2023, 09:38 PM)pholynyk Wrote: And each machine must have its own SD card with the Identification.tgt, STR.edf, and the DATALOG folder with the daily files inside.

Yes, I checked and see that I have all of those folders/files. I think the identification and STR files, and possibly some proprietary files that are "hidden", are the sticking point though I just looked at my primary OSCAR profile and I in fact DO have S9 and S10 data in the same profile!

I built that profile from "Backup" folders which are on my Mac and contain only "Datalog" files. I'm not sure where or when these folders were generated but they contain both S9 and S10 data and uploaded into the same profile. As I have some S9 data on my Mac that apparently didn't make it into a "Backup" folder, I still have gaps in the profile's data and therein lies the challenge.

Though I don't know the "process" (e.g. where did these "backup" folders come from?), it is beginning to look like there is a process to be able to combine data, at least from these 2 machines, into the same profile.

Thanks for the response pholynyk. I'll confirm my results and if all looks like it does now, think I'll start a new thread just to see if anyone has developed a process that I appear to have stumbled into at least for these machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you still have the S9, insert a blank SD card into it and let it write its file structure. After the preceding has completed, copy the backup files for the S9 into the DATALOG folder. The data should now import into OSCAR.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR shows missing data for multi week interval Dawnstar 2 50 04-21-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Dawnstar
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 280 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 105 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 344 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,699 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,105 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
Cool Open Source Oximeter Software DavidEsp 0 783 02-21-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.