Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

comfort gel blue leaking
comfort gel blue leaking
hi,i`ve just purchased a new comfort gel blue nasal mask to replace the old mirage quattro with many many hours on it.

i am having trouble getting a proper seal on the new mask.i think my problem is that i`m between the small & medium mask,i went with the medium.

does anyone have suggestions on how i can get a better seal ?

cheers
jason
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: comfort gel blue leaking
I always suggest superglue, but nobody ever seems to try it... :pout:
Post Reply Post Reply
Where are the most prominent leaks? Around the chin, eyes, side of the mouth, etc.?
Make sure you have the straps even and not too tight.
Post Reply Post Reply
the main leaks are around the noise into the eyes,right side being the worse.also get leaks at the side of the mouth.

i`ve tried everything with the straps from loose to as firm as i can get them & nothing works.

had a good look at the mask today & the blue gel part isn`t even,it is smaller on the right side than the left.

i compared it to my old mask & they are the same size.tried the old mask on & got a perfect seal straight away
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2014, 09:09 AM)condohk69 Wrote: the main leaks are around the noise into the eyes,right side being the worse.also get leaks at the side of the mouth.

i`ve tried everything with the straps from loose to as firm as i can get them & nothing works.

had a good look at the mask today & the blue gel part isn`t even,it is smaller on the right side than the left.

i compared it to my old mask & they are the same size.tried the old mask on & got a perfect seal straight away

Maybe you should take it back to where you purchased it and show them it is defective.
Remember..the squeaky wheel gets the grease!
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Make yourself a liner out of your teenager's favorite t-shirt. Use the back side so he won't notice it so much next time he wears it.

Just use the mask as the pattern and cutout the material to be a bit larger than the mask, but not so large as to block the sun. Then cut out the center where Mr. Nose goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the interface is uneven I would definitely take it back and have it replaced. Sounds like a mfg defect. I have a couple of those and the gel is uniform on both sides.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2014, 10:09 AM)Bompa Wrote:
(07-08-2014, 09:09 AM)condohk69 Wrote: the main leaks are around the noise into the eyes,right side being the worse.also get leaks at the side of the mouth.

Maybe you should take it back to where you purchased it and show them it is defective.
Remember..the squeaky wheel gets the grease!
Coffee

Did you ever take it back? Let us know how things have been working out for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 372 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 344 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 316 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Was doing well, AHI slightly higher, lots of leaking between 4-5am. jkang9080 4 565 12-14-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,460 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  What do the red, green, blue and black blocks mean on the Oscar daily page? crazypiglady 3 470 11-12-2023, 01:45 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  leaking water tank ( Airsense 10) migos 2 520 09-16-2023, 06:21 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.