Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

concern about SP02 levels
concern about SP02 levels
A fairly typical night for me, but last night I used an Oximeter in addition, and was concerned about the results. Unfortunately I can't import them because it is not one in the list, made by VIHealth, so I include a pdf of the results. I was more than 5 minutes below 90% and I have an Resmeb Airsense 10 and was wondering would I be better off with the Resmed AIR Curve VAuto to handle my apneas. Your comments would be appreciated. Thank you

.pdf   SleepU_20210905224641_SpO2Record.pdf (Size: 595.23 KB / Downloads: 31)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: concern about SP02 levels
On your oxygen, I don’t see a problem. I have been on O2 for a number of years. I have taken results much like yours with a down spike in level and have been told that it needs to be a period with below 88 for them to be a problem. A spike like the one on your night looks like athe finger did not keep good contact for a little while. Again I don’t think there is any problem.

If you own the meter I would check once every week or 2 weeks to make sure you are doing well.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
With your charts. You have high flow limits. Flow limits are apnea they are just small and not timed. To help with those we use EPR. You are set at 2 with few centrals. I would raise the EPR by 1 (change to to 3) and move the min up one. 

That should help your therapy. 

I see some possible positional apnea but there are not many. Sleeping position is usually the problem. Be aware of sleeping on your back or using to high of pillow (use a flatter one of only one pillow if you use more). It happens when your chin drops to your Sternum cutting off your air. Pressure changes will not help you must stay out of that position. 

Again they are not numerous just something to watch.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR will import the data files from the ViHealth software.  The newer version of ViHealth adds the model name's prefix to the 14 digit filename.  All you have to do is remove the prefix.  For a single file, it isn't a big deal to rename it.  However, if you are like me and have multiple files to import, the task can become VERY monotonous.  Depending on your PC's OS, here are 2 ways to preform a wholesale file renaming. When creating a directory on your PC to store the oximetry data, the directory name should be your device's serial number. OSCAR uses the directory name to group the oximetry data together for reporting. (I learned the hard way!)

I'm using the "SleepU_" prefix for this example, but for O2Ring users, all you have to do is replace the "SleepU" with "O2Ring".  The only thing to keep in mind is on Mac and Linux systems,  the filenames are case-sensitive.  Windows platforms couldn't care less.  These commands need to be executed in the directory containing your oximetry data files.

Windows Code:
Code:
rename "SleepU_*" "///////*"
Note: make sure that you use the proper number of forward slashes (/) as there are characters in "SleepU_" (7).
Thought: You could store the above command in a batch file, having the suffix of ".bat" (instead of ".txt")  this file then can be executed by double-clicking on it whenever you wish to clean up newer files.

For Mac and Linux:
Code:
for file in SleepU_*; do mv "$file" "${file#SleepU_}";done;

Note: To automate the code above, you need to add a shebang (#!/bin/bash) to the text file containing the above command.  You then need to set its execution bit to active (chmod +x).  The file will now look like this:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
for file in SleepU_*; do mv "$file" "${file#SleepU_}";done;

After removing the prefix, you will be able to import your data into OSCAR, using the Wellue/Viatom Import feature in the Data menu.

Good luck!

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW that's what my O2 graphs look like with CPAP on what I consider an OK but not great night. Mostly 90-95 with a few drops below 90. That's not great and the big occasional drops are correlated with apnea events. But compared to where I was before CPAP (dropping below 80 every minute, all night) I'm happy with the improvement.

BTW if you get data import working be aware your O2 sensor's clock isn't synchronized with the CPAP's. Hopefully they're within a minute or so of each other but it can still make looking at detailed events a little tricky.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for getting back to me. Thanks to the forum I already wear a cervical collar and the tennis ball shirt, as well as mouth taping. I will try epr =3 tonight, although I feel it will increase the central events.
Post Reply Post Reply
Synchronizing both the CPAP's and your oximeter's clocks will not guarantee data synchronization.  The CPAP has to be on for a few seconds in order to initialize and start gathering data.  Some parameters do not start recording for up to 50 seconds after power-on.   The oximeter can take more than 30 seconds prior to data collection and never provides a definitive offset in time.  I've had both devices set to the atomic time and still had up to a 1-minute delta when both were started exactly at the same time.  Synchronization and repeatability are for lessons in theory only.

Beside the oximeter's recording delay, monitoring of the SpO2 levels are located at one of the more extreme locations from where a physical change would first occur.  There is going to be a latency from when a change occurs and when the monitor probe senses it.  This time offset is also dependent on the patient's size, pulse, and rate of blood flow.

With all the variables considered, it's best is to review the data in a general trend fashion and not as an exact point in time.

The above are just my opinions, and are based on repeated trials.

I hope you may be more successful.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It may and if it does it is a balancing act. It may be more - which one gives you better sleep. Most of us have some central some of the time but if not frequent it does not effect sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

my sleep doctor told me to drop the EPR and the result was not that great. It seems you guys know best. Attached is the data from last night. Presumably I switch back to the previous settings. Any other recommendations based on this data, other than what you have suggested? Thanks as always.

Post Reply Post Reply
The other night you had a little positional apnea but the last chart has a lot of positional apnea. You can NOT do anything to help using pressures. You must stop sleeping in that position. Back sleeping or large pillow. If that is not enough you WILL need a collar. PLEASE look at the link on collars in my signature. It will show the difference between people without a collar and the same people with collars. 

If this set of graphs are a typical night things will NOT get better until you get a collar. The main measurement is the distance between your chin and your sternum. That is the size you need.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,600 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 674 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Low O2 Levels During Sleep with Low AHI cmpman1974 60 5,081 01-01-2024, 09:24 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,107 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  CA's and low CO2 levels? MrIvanDrago 2 448 11-26-2023, 11:43 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Mouth tape at high pressure levels readyforsleep 6 825 09-17-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  What is the best way to record SP02 for OSCAR Ghandi 2 428 09-08-2023, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Ghandi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.