Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

concern about SP02 levels
RE: concern about SP02 levels
good observation......I have a collar and I chose not to wear it last night....never again. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
so even though OSCAR reports obstructive events, how did you spot the positional events from the data, so I can watch for it in future
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2021, 10:01 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: OSCAR will import the data files from the ViHealth software.  

Sorry to slightly derail the OPs thread. But I just picked up an Wellue O2Ring and the current ViHealth is a mobile app only. I run it on IOS. The is no way to export/send/share a data file from the mobile app to a Mac in a format OSCAR will import. The only option with ViHealth is to share a .csv file. Oscar will not import that even when dropping the O2RIng pre-fix.

I use O2Insight Pro to import the files directly from the ring to my Mac. The file naming convention does not have a prefix starting with O2Ring. The naming convention is fine for OSCAR to import it as named.

Perhaps you're talking about a different version of ViHealth that had that feature.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can't access the data from within the ViHealth app. The data is located in a directory located in your internal storage area, named ViHealth.  This is where the database and any binary file is located.  You can access it by either connecting your phone to your computer or use a ftp app for remote transfer, or copy the directory to a Google Drive, then transfer it to your PC.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now I understand you. Not easy to get to it on an iPhone. Maybe it is on an Android (no experience with that). I'll just download from the ring with O2Insight Pro and then import to Oscar. That the easist for me with an iPhone and Mac.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2021, 11:15 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Synchronizing both the CPAP's and your oximeter's clocks will not guarantee data synchronization.  The CPAP has to be on for a few seconds in order to initialize and start gathering data.  Some parameters do not start recording for up to 50 seconds after power-on.   The oximeter can take more than 30 seconds prior to data collection and never provides a definitive offset in time.  I've had both devices set to the atomic time and still had up to a 1-minute delta when both were started exactly at the same time.  Synchronization and repeatability are for lessons in theory only.

Beside the oximeter's recording delay, monitoring of the SpO2 levels are located at one of the more extreme locations from where a physical change would first occur.  There is going to be a latency from when a change occurs and when the monitor probe senses it.  This time offset is also dependent on the patient's size, pulse, and rate of blood flow.

What are you basing this on?  I don't see why a delay before recording starts would indicate that any of the recorded timestamps are offset once it starts recording.
You may never get a synchronised start time due to differing recording delays but if the timestamps are accurate the data that does get recorded should line up pretty well if the clocks are synchronised.  

-Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
The Viatom/Wellue oximeters encode a date and time in their binary file.  This time is arbitrary and does not correlate to a known reference, including the activation time, or a fixed offset.  The starting time can vary up to several minutes.  All subsequent times are based by adding 4 seconds for each recorded value to this time.   Exact starting and ending times wouldn't be a consideration when using either ViHealth or O2 Insight Pro to monitor this data, because you don't have anything else to compare it to.

To add to this time inconsistency,  I just found a time anomaly when you use the oximeter longer than 10-hours.   The Viatom/Wellue records a maximum length of 10-hours (actually 10 hours and 8 seconds) before closing the file and starting a new data file.  I would expect the new file's starting time to be the ending time of the previous file, or maybe up to 4 seconds later, since it records an observation every 4 seconds.  This is not the case.  Starting from the most recent 10+ hour session, the following are the time deltas between the ending time of the 10-hour file and the automatic start time of the next file.
  • 13 minutes 14 seconds
  • 1 minute 20 seconds
  • 2 minutes 9 seconds
If I used these times in OSCAR, it would show that I was still using the oximeter long after I had stopped the CPAP.  For the record, I always stop the oximeter first, then the CPAP.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2021, 08:51 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The Viatom/Wellue oximeters encode a date and time in their binary file.  

If I used these times in OSCAR, it would show that I was still using the oximeter long after I had stopped the CPAP.  For the record, I always stop the oximeter first, then the CPAP.

I have a decent correlation between using the Wellue O2ring and my Resmed Airsene 10.

The column of start end times under O2ring is from the O2-Insight program which downloads the data file from the ring and give a rudimentary report.

The column under Resmed is what Oscar shows as my session start-end times. 

O2-Ring……………Resmed
23:44-05:57….….23:43:04-05:57:34
23:41-06:53……..23:40:13-06:54:49
23:33-06:49……..23:32:04-06:49:47
23:41-06:29…..…23:39:58-06:29:24

I synchronized the O2ring and Airsense with my iPhone time. I usually put on the O2ring and as soon as it starts displaying an O2/Pulse reading I start the Resmed. 
Post Reply Post Reply
For what it's worth I did a couple of experiments last night and this morning. After following my usual process to sync the clocks to my phone and starting both devices, (I don't bother to try to synchronise the start times of the devices as that seems like an exercise in futility) I pulled my mask away from my face to cause a leak while simultaneously waving my arm around to trigger the movement sensor in the O2 Ring. These events showed up in my data less than 4 seconds apart. Considering that the O2 Ring records in 4 second increments I find this to be an acceptable level of synchronisation.

I also pulled off my O2 Ring and then turned off the CPAP at specific times 30 seconds apart. This was also reflected in the data within what I would consider an acceptable margin for error.

- Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2021, 05:58 PM)MikeE3 Wrote: the current ViHealth is a mobile app only. I run it on IOS. The is no way to export/send/share a data file from the mobile app to a Mac in a format OSCAR will import.

Perhaps you're talking about a different version of ViHealth that had that feature.

MikeE3, which version of the iOS app are you running.  I have refused the most recent update as I feared something like this might happen.  I can export binary files (which OSCAR reads) from iOS with ViHealth v. 2.28.0
(“Share as CSV” “Share as PDF” and “Share as binary” are the three choices in the menu).

The newest version as of Sept. 15 is 2.29.0 - is that what you are using?  If so I will avoid update forever.

- SleepyCPAP
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 307 04-15-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Predicting overnight minimum SP02 before falling asleep dfunk 0 124 04-02-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfunk
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 390 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,984 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 816 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Low O2 Levels During Sleep with Low AHI cmpman1974 60 5,316 01-01-2024, 09:24 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,184 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.