Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

concerns of hypopnea index numbers on some days
concerns of hypopnea index numbers on some days
I use a resmed aricurve 10 ASV machine with pillows.  settings are:
max epap=15
min epap=4.6
min PS=3
Max PS=15
ramp=on
mode= auto

A date range of july 23 to sept 18 (58 days) shows I had 9 days where the machine recorded an AHI average of 6.5 and Hypopnea Index of 5.  The total 58 days shows overall measurements of AHI= 3, AI=.9, and Hypopnea of 2 but those particular 9 days show higher numbers.

9 out of the 58 days shows a Hypopnea Index of 5.  Should I be concerned about this?  On luly 23 I had increased my min epap from 4.0 to 4.6 hoping that the hypopnea index would go down a bit.  I did not see much difference in numbers going from 4 to 4.6 with min epap.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: concerns of hypopnea index numbers on some days
Try posting your data using sleepy head. Look at my siginature on how to. It would be helpful for us to help with your questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think some subtle changes might help. You are in ASVauto mode, so take a look at the data and let us know what the median EPAP pressure is (1-week or 30 day average). Your settings are very close to default, and were set at default for the Resmed ASV. Some adjustment of EPAP or PS is not unusual.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for responding sleeprider you have been a great support for me over the year.

In response to your inquiry, I to believe a mild tweek might be in order.  My median epap value for the past 58 days is 6.8.  Median ipap is 11.8.  Median leak is 4.8. 

I tweeked the min epap from 4 to 4.6.

I welcome your thoughts.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think increasing your min EPAP upward to 5.0-5.4 might help with the hypopnea and put you a bit closer to the current median result. Give it a try and see if it helps. It's easy to backtrack, but I have a hunch this is the right direction for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sleeprider I will give it a try and let you know how I do with tweaking min epap up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 115 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 352 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  HYPOPNEA verification dataq1 22 1,146 02-06-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 603 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 457 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 421 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.