Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

condensation problem
Question 
condensation problem
Does anyone using resmed swift fx nasal pillow mask have condensation problem inside the mask? I find that I always have water droplet trapped inside my mask and I would accidentally breathe it in and it's quite annoying as it's very uncomfortable. Any clue how to avoid that ? I have only started using cpap machine recently. Thanks in advance !!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: condensation problem
There is a heated tubing for your CPAP humidifier which can solve the problem. It is called ClimateLine. Your DME provider should be able to get it for you, but they may require a doctor's order. You can read about this tubing here: http://www.resmed.com/us/products/climat...nc=dealers.

best wishes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do have the heated tube. It's set at 30 degrees Celsius.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi yywei924,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You could turn your humidity back a notch and see how that works.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I too have the heated tubing. I haven't experienced any rainout yet (tube is always dry) but on one occasion recently I found small water droplets inside the Swift FX. I was at a hotel and it was particularly cold in the morning. I didn't know they were there until I woke up in the morning, so it must not have been been as bad as in your case.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep. I get this a lot with or without the heated tubing. I'm so used to it, that I immediately go back to sleep after it wakes me. In the winter, I am usually completely under the covers anyway so it only wakes me when I have kicked them off and the mask gets cold again.

What is happening is the air from your lungs (and from the humidifier) is warmer than the mask itself. The heated hose keeps the main hose warm but does nothing for the mask or the mask's hose.

I've always wanted to try putting some sort of cover over the mask hose and the mask itself but never got around to doing it.

Try a sock on the mask's hose and maybe the mask itself, depending on the type of mask you have. Or sleeping under the covers.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2013, 08:38 AM)yywei924 Wrote: I do have the heated tube. It's set at 30 degrees Celsius.
I assume you,re using climate line on auto mode, on auto mode you select temp to your liking and climate control automatically adjust humidity level and prevents rainout

There is no right or wrong here, just whats works best in your particular situation. Everyone is different, for me too high or too low settings stuff-up my nose
Moisture/condensation in the mask cannot be helped with nasal pillows, its from own exhaled air condense inside the mask and from water droplet

Some pillows users cover the short hose (short hose fit between the pillows and main hose) with hose cosy or some insulating material
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for your very helpful tips Smile I'll try covering the short hose or different settings. It happens probably because it's winter. Hopefully comes summer when air is warmer then it won't happen anymore.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I usually keep my temperature at 79 or 80 Fahrenheit---think that this is about 26 Celsius. No problems at that temperature.

Post Reply Post Reply
It also depends on the temperature of the room. A cool bedroom will result in rainout faster than a warm bedroom.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,577 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,335 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,475 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 552 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 393 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.