Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

considering CPAP, need advice
RE: considering CPAP, need advice
joesetx-- In addition to what others have said, you should know that your "mild to moderate" apnea is nonetheless apnea. Those terms only group AHI numbers into three broad, general bins. Your take-home test results show an AHI of 17. Meanwhile, the goal for treated apnea is an AHI of under 5.
Will you benefit from CPAP treatment? The answer is absolutely, but as Sleepster pointed out, the most important aspect for success is mental attitude/determination to adjust to it and to stick with it. When I started, I knew I was facing a challenge to adjust, but I did not like the alternatives that present themselves if one who needs it doesn't use it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: considering CPAP, need advice
Until you get a CPAP machine (or, use some other treatment), I recommend you sleep propped up with a wedge pillow at around 30 degrees. It made a big difference for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 282 2 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 861 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,796 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 797 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.