Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

contec 550F
contec 550F
I just got a contec 550F and it says hardware version 2.0.0 and software version 2.0.6.
I have a mac, with only USB-C ports
I have the latest version of OSCAR
I have a USB-C Cable...
I've looked at lots of threads and thoroughly confused with what I need to do to get OSCAR working.. if it is even possible..??
People are talking about Smart Device Assistant.. is this needed?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: contec 550F
I am confused... I have not heard about a contec 550F. I am familiar with the Contec CMS 50F, which has two hardware versions with different software versions.
OSCAR can read the files created by both the old and new versions of Contec software, but can connect via USB only with the older version of CMS 50F with firmware3.7 and above.
To the best of my knowledge, the Contec software only runs on Windows computers.

Is it possible that the S of CMS50F got turned into a 5 in error?
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, sorry my typo.. CMS50F..
It is possible to update the firmware?
So in either case, on a mac without old style USB ports I'm out of luck?
Post Reply Post Reply
You have the latest and greatest firmware version. The manufacturer seems to have changed how they count versions or else, how they display this information to the end user.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My suspicion is that when they bumped the hardware version, they reset the firmware version to 1 - or something like that?

As for the USB -type C connectors on the Mac, you should be able to find an adaptor to go from the wide USB to a the round-end USB-C... My Pixel 4a came with one so that I could use a standard cable to connect my old phone to ne Pixel...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys.  I tried a USB to USB C adaptor (this one), and it charges the unit and the light turns on, but OSCAR still doesn't recognize it:  [Commercial Link Removed] Search Amazon for: nonda USB C to USB Adapter

Is there anything else I need to do, like install driver or something?  There is something about USB serial UART, but maybe the newer ones don't need this?

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine came with an program to download the o2 file and then download the files then to (import) from my computer to the Oscar program.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Stacey - do you have a mac or PC?
Post Reply Post Reply
The OSCAR website says these are compatible, which is the reason I purchased this one:

Contec CMS-50F, CMS-50H, CMS-50I (v3.7 firmware or later)

But I'm confused about the firmware version, even if I try this on my friend's windows computer, OSCAR does not recognize mine with hardware version 2.0.0 and software version 2.0.6

If I am going to return this, any recommendations for what I should buy that actually works with OSCAR through a mac computer?
Post Reply Post Reply
odoyle - You have the latest and greatest version of the CMS-50. For some reason they managed to change the way version numbers are supposed to be numbered. Currently, the version that you have is only supported by importing the SpO2 file and not a direct connection.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 237 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Correct operation of Contec CMS 50 oximeters ("D" & "DL") ivashamagnus 2 525 12-26-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: ivashamagnus
  Software for a Contec CMS 50E pulse oximeter dschalk 3 1,141 05-25-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  using OSCAR for Contec CMS50F oximetry ...without any CPAP data? sleepymon 2 633 02-20-2023, 04:08 AM
Last Post: sleepymon
Question OSCAR vs Contec CMS-RS01 /RS-01 or RS01/ Mercoory 10 2,172 10-25-2022, 11:01 PM
Last Post: nachumk
  Contec RS01 & OSCAR gnluna 20 2,278 10-23-2022, 02:35 PM
Last Post: gnluna
  Contec CMS50D1 Scarmen 2 625 08-18-2022, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Scarmen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.