Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

continued success, hope for others
continued success, hope for others
ahi 2-6
leak rate 0-1
4-5 hours of sleep (can't get back to sleep with mask)
working on getting the magic 6-7 hours of sleep
want to elevate bed

anyway don't give up this has been an awful journey but it paid off

History and machine
resmed autoset h5i s9 series
positive airway pressure device
with humidifier
Elite model
switch to full mask
pressure set at 158
overweight 233 (was 262 dieting) age 63.5
scored 40 ahi test in hospital so severe apnea
sleep 4 hours and wake up then can not get back to sleep
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: continued success, hope for others
You know, you are going about this all wrong. You have said in a prior post that you will wait until everything is settled down before you get software. In the meantime, you will tweak the pressure to get it right.

That is backwards. Very very backward.

You don't learn to drive by sitting in the car, turning on the engine, but never leaving the driveway. You need to see the gauges activated and respond, the traffic move around you and you respond to them, and the feel of the car responding to the rest of it.

Software such as SleepyHead or ResScan allows us to view the data and see it every day or once a week. It allows us to determine how the last change worked or didn't. It shows us the flow rate graph with the events overlay. This allows us to see yeah, I was breathing rather shallow there which lead to the CA event. Okay. Or wow, have of last nights events are invalid due to they happened the same time as large leaks.

The screen data on the machine is not enough. Not by a long shot.

Yes, how we feel is a big part of our collection of data. Sometimes I have high AHI and feel great. Sometimes it is low and I feel like I didn't sleep a wink. How I feel and the data in the software are combined to tell me what is going on.

Your "awful journey" is made rougher because you have chosen to make it rough. Our continued advice to you has been to get the either of the two software and we'll help you through this. Until then, you're sitting in the driveway going vroom vroom while the rest of us shake our heads and move on.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,614 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,895 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 547 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 901 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Change to BIPAP vauto in hope for better therapy Dave Water 41 2,938 05-24-2023, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Another Collar Success Story MickTravis 12 1,842 04-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  what's the best pricing to hope for Resmed 11 Dave W 3 485 03-08-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: jeffpack1957

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.