Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

continuous monitor Oximeter for S9 autoset
continuous monitor Oximeter for S9 autoset
I would like to use an oximeter to monitor with the S9 or possibly use an oximeter with continuous monitoring to interface with either ResScan or Sleepyhead.
Does anyone know if this can be done. If so do you need a particular oximeter. The wrist types seem to be the most sensible but a lat are out there are made in China the reviews are not convincing for the ones I reviewed.

Does anyone have a recommendation for this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: continuous monitor Oximeter for S9 autoset
In the reviews section, there's a lot of reviews of several different models of oximeters.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...iews-Forum

Most of us got ours from Supplier #19 in the supplier's list. They have a wide selection and decent prices. The CMS models are imported and the directions can be interesting due to the messy translation.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

ResMed makes one that plugs into the back of the machine but I'm guessing it is ghastly expensive.

There is a way to import the data from the oximeter to SleepyHead.

First, you need to get the data off the device
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...2_software

Then sync/import it with SleepyHead
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2012, 11:08 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: ResMed makes one that plugs into the back of the machine but I'm guessing it is ghastly expensive.

Back in January 2012 when I purchased my ResMed S9 AutoSet, I tried to determine what that price would be.

My plan was that even though my insurance would NOT cover it, they would at least discount it tremendously & I would have to pay 100% of that much less discounted amount.

I could not find anyone who could / would sell one to me.
So, I was never able to get an actual price.
The best "estimate" I could find was about $ 850.00 for the entire kit (adapter, oximeter, all of the connections, & a beginning supply of all of the consumables).

With the adapter provided, all of Oximetry information would save to the machine & SD card & could download to the ResScan software.

I do not use SleepyHead, so I am not sure about it's capabilities with that ResMed kit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow. That's as much as the machine itself! They're nuts.

Integrating data into SleepyHead from the SpO2 Review software (the one that comes with the CMS models) is relatively easy. If nothing else, if you write down what time you turned it on and what time you turned it off, you can just visually compare them.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, thanks for the suggestion. After a thoroughly exhaustive search I got a call back from Kevin at [link removed] in the afternoon. He was one of the few out there that had any stock. The other option was to buy direct but that wasn't an option.

He sold me a cms50iw. This is basically a better unit than the 50f and has the wireless option built in. Better apparently than the 50fw.
I think it may be a bit more accurate. He also said they also redid the software to make it easier to use. Great company to deal with. Very competitive pricing, good warrantee (18 months), service if needed, stock on hand, quick shipping, what else can you ask for?

In the future, please refer to the Supplier's List. In this case, you would have said "Supplier #19". - Moderator
-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2012, 12:10 AM)bryank1 Wrote: He sold me a cms50iw. This is basically a better unit than the 50f and has the wireless option built in. Better apparently than the 50fw.
I think it may be a bit more accurate. He also said they also redid the software to make it easier to use. Great company to deal with. Very competitive pricing, good warrantee (18 months), service if needed, stock on hand, quick shipping, what else can you ask for?

Do I understand correctly that you still need a Windows computer in order to get the data from the oximeter into SleepyHead?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2012, 10:37 AM)JJJ Wrote:
(10-18-2012, 12:10 AM)bryank1 Wrote: He sold me a cms50iw. This is basically a better unit than the 50f and has the wireless option built in. Better apparently than the 50fw.

Do I understand correctly that you still need a Windows computer in order to get the data from the oximeter into SleepyHead?

Sorry JJ, just saw this , a late answer but yes you need a PC.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is an update to the CMS50IW wrist pulse oximeter. The one I had died. The switch broke inside. The drivers never worked right and the files were not compatible with Sleepyhead. I did like the device though, awesome display. My supplier is going to replace it with a different device that is known to work well. I guess this is too new to the market and the bugs haven't been worked out yet.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 64 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 132 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 181 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 658 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  AutoSet for Her Mode brainfoggysleeper 4 222 02-25-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 758 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,792 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.