Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

convert old masks to n95 masks?
RE: convert old masks to n95 masks?
There is another filter on some coffee makers that looked interesting. It is an inline activated charcoal unit for the water tank. My Krupp machine has one. It would most likely have to use a hose.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2020, 06:31 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: For N95 re-use, I've heard ideas all the way from sticking the mask in bright sunlight for two solid days, using an ultraviolet lamp on the mask, spraying the mask with bleach solution, dunking it in a bleach or other virus-killing solution, etc.  Not sure if any one of those methods is a sure-fire method.  Of course, it's always better to use a new N95 mask for each outing, but that may not be possible during the shortage of personal protective equipment.

I would think that too much chemical liquid applied to one of the disposable N95s could cause degradation of the filtering material as well.

Yes, using liquids degrades the mask function. But you can bake in an oven as described in the linked paper - but, as you note, one wrong move and you are infected, which is why I think trying to put a lining into a full face CPAP mask is problematic. You can't get it safely out easily without cross contamination.

https://stanfordmedicine.app.box.com/v/c...yvmYCbE5ms
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm no expert, but believe N95 masks have to cover the eyes - which some people say are a major point of viral entry.

I have started on new thread on converting CPAP masks that cover the mouth and nose into a somewhat more normal CPAP mask:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...vid19-mask
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops, I'm wrong. N95 masks are often used along-side eye protection, but I seem some being sold that don't have eye protection built in.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2020, 07:21 PM)Big Guy Wrote: It'll be a very cold day in Hell before I put on a mask and go out in public. 

But.....that's just me, and I've been told more than just once or twice I'm a bit different.  Rolleyes

As am I. ROFL
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  anyone convert CSV o2 data into Oscar? drgrimes 7 2,775 03-07-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: capman
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 345 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 409 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 495 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 423 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.