Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

cost to repair cpap m/c - is it real?
RE: cost to repair cpap m/c - is it real?
(01-30-2014, 12:04 AM)roym Wrote: Is exact pressure important.
Not sure if there is such thing as exact pressure, every night is different. Mine does vary from one night to the next but I use autoPAP (S9 Autoset) so the exact pressure does not matter much providing the minimum pressure is not set too low for my requirement

Post Reply Post Reply
If you get a machine with the 'auto' feature, you need not worry so much, it will mostly be a case of watching the data for a month or so, and getting the 'MIN' setting close to the average for greater comfort.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='roym' pid='56631' dateline='1390543232']
I have a resmed 9i device + humidifier that is ~3-4years old. At that time I brought it from the sleep clinic and my insurance covered for it.

i have been on and off with cpap for these years. Last year I decided I really want to give.

If you send it to me I can pull the pin out and send it back to you .]

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JWR, WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2014, 07:05 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi JWR, WELCOME! to the forum.!

Thanks Figured I've been a Lurker long enough .
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2014, 12:04 AM)roym Wrote: Thank you so much everyone for your inputs.

If I get machine from these external websites or craigslist, can I use the same pressure as present machine. I last got my sleep test ~3yr ago and the pressure was adjusted then. Is exact pressure important.

I am not sure how often people get the sleep test done and pressure re-adjusted. Seems like an expensive proposition.

Look up the CPAP Setup Manuals link at the top of the page. You can figure out how to set the pressure to match your prescription.

If you can pull the broken pin out of the old machine, you can buy a new power supply brick for about $60 from one of the suppliers on the supplier list at the top of the page.

Check the link in my signature line for which machine to buy if you buy a new one.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2014, 10:42 PM)Galactus Wrote: ... Otherwise I would talk to an electronics shop about the power connector, this is a common issue on notebook computers and it is an easy fix.

I had a bad SD card connector on my PRS1. I participate in a group that gets together once a month to fix computers, mostly software, but sometimes hardware. One of the fellows there has really sharp eyes and he could see that one of the connectors inside was bent up so it wasn't making contact. Using a sewing needle, a magnifying glass and a strong light he was able to bend the connector back down. It works perfectly now. My cost was zero.

Because of my experience I strongly urge you to try the forceps recommended by others, or take it to a laptop repair shop. Just be sure that you never use the term "medical device" when talking to them lest they freak out about liability. And bear in mind that most laptops run on 19.5-20 volts, where most CPAPs run on 12 or 24 volts. They might not have the right connector in stock for the cable, but you can probably get one at Radio Shack (North America), or equivalent elsewhere, or find it online. And if the forceps don't work to get the pin out of the plug, you can also probably find a replacement plug at the same places.

I'd sure try everything to fix it myself. Failing that I'd try a local electronics repair shop, I'd never pay $400 for such a simple repair.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Real or False CAs? SingingWolf 3 288 03-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] resmed apap repair sleeper2460 4 514 11-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 595 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Internal cpap repair parts mzipp 8 5,584 08-10-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sms832
  P10 reporting leaks even when there are no real leaks Michaely6 14 2,574 08-07-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: JasonR
Sad Is $6,800 reasonable cost for a sleep study? Hrapovik 8 908 06-20-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: larrykay
  Low cost 12v - 24v power supply for SEFAM S.Box Kingsway 1 762 05-29-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Kingsway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.