Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

couple of questions re: settings on Airsense 10 Autoset
couple of questions re: settings on Airsense 10 Autoset
Good evening, everyone -

After several weeks of trying to dig into this new world, I *think* I finally have all the "stuff" and the patience to figure it all out. The patience took longer than getting the stuff.

Anyway, I'm ready to finally get set up and using this thing, but I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping you guys/gals can help me with. In the clinical settings menu, I got my min/max pressure set (5/15) but I don't know what to do with these choices:
  • Ramp Time (currently at "off")
  • EPR (currently at "off")
  • Humidity Level (currently at "off")
  • Tube - I have a ResMed ClimateLine...is that "standard" or "slimline"?
  • AB Filter (currently set at "no")
  • SmartStart (currently on "off")
Then in the regular menu, these are listed:
  • Ramp Time
  • Humidity Level
  • SmartStart
I feel like such a pain, but it seems that every time I try to finally get going with this, more questions pop up...then I get frustrated and put it off again. Thanks for any help you can give!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: couple of questions re: settings on Airsense 10 Autoset
Okay, Ramp, EPR, are fine, they are for comfort an if you don't need them, I prefer to leave them off.

AB filter is a bacterial filter that you more than likely don't have and almost positive you don't need.

Smart Start I use (set to ON), and like. You put on the mask and breath and the machine turns itself on. Take the mask off in the morning and the machine turns itself off.

Humidity - I use, I find 4 to be comfortable, your milage may vary. make sure the humidifier tank has distilled water and not above the full line - it will spit at you if you over fill. Adjust the level, try it a week and see if you are comfortable. I expect lowest level you can find comfortable uses least water and that is cheapest.

I have a slim line tube, can't help with the climate setting. I am sure someone will chime in very soon.

Good luck.

Frank
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Evening ~ I don't have the exact same machine as you, but I have the same things you are asking about. I have SmartStart set in the "on" position. It is my understanding that the smart start automatically starts the cpap machine when it senses you are breathing into the pillows or full face mask. The ramp time and humidity level are what I call "comfort settings" meaning you might have to try it a few nights before you decide what number to put it on. I know I have not answered all of your questions, but I'm sure someone else will help you out shortly. Have a good evening.
Post Reply Post Reply
You guys are the best! You've given me enough info to quit procrastinating so thank you...I think ;-)

I'll be up and running tonight and go from there. Have a great night!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi brewgirl68,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you are finally ready to start using your mask and machine. I hope you s;kept well and that it was a good first night. Do let us know how it went.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and good luck to you on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
SmartStart may not work that well with pillows and pressure set less than 7. You're mileage may vary.

ResMed's disclaimer: "If the patient is using a nasal pillows mask with set pressure less than 7 cm H2O, SmartStart will not work and should be disabled"
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I can confirm that the smart start feature will work with pressure less than 7 - mine starts at 4.6. However, it will not turn the machine off when you take the pillows mask off. You will need to manually turn the machine off by using the center top button labeled Stop.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 498 7 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 53 939 Yesterday, 01:40 PM
Last Post: SheShells23
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.