Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

cpap and colds
RE: cpap and colds
Thanks for feedback. I tried it yesterday and just couldn't take it. I am really puzzled as my water level is the same even though I had the machine on humidification - this is my third Resmed in 6 weeks. The first one was not heating the water at all and this one seems to have the same problem! Has anyone else had this issue? I find it almost difficult to believe that it is happening to me again...
Post Reply Post Reply
I never notice the water getting warm, but if I raise the humidity too high I get rain out in my (unheated) hose. So I know it's working.

Also, if the humidity in your bedroom is already high, the humidifier will sense this and not heat the water.

The humidity in my bedroom is around 55% during the summer months as I keep the central air conditioner on all the time. In the winter it's much lower than that.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Somnia, what settings are you using for humidity? If I forget to refill my humidifier, it will go dry in the second night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have it on 6 and refill it every night. I do think however, that it may be because the machine perceived a certain amount of humidity in the room already - I didn't know it worked that way...
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want more humidity, turn climate control to Manual. It will not compensate for room temperature and humidity. You may find you get better results with a humidity setting of 4-5 in manual mode, than using the automatic climate control at 6.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
I also find that when I use my CPAP with nasal pillows, I never get nasal stuffiness, blockage or congestion.

I've been using my CPAP since 2007. (Machine is not very sexy though)

Randy
Post Reply Post Reply
I have issues with my sinus due to high pollen and a cough due to acid reflux. Between the sneezing, the diffuculting breathing due to congestion and the coughing, the results I get on Sleeptime and the machine are basically worthless. I can see a direct correlation between waking up coughing, breathing issue and poor results that are reported
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP causing colds/sinus infections?? Decoy Dave 4 808 01-11-2022, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Decoy Dave
  less colds using CPAP Slim1950 2 1,389 12-20-2016, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Colds and Nasal Pillows Lambsydoats 7 3,242 12-07-2014, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  Neti Pot - Not just for those annoying colds SuperSleeper 31 18,064 11-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Last Post: archangle
  Colds and steroid use bareablesleep 3 2,030 11-14-2013, 06:58 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
Idea Full Face Masks for colds? dfstarman 5 2,861 11-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Shastzi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.