Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

cpap & covid
cpap & covid
I tested positive for covid this morning... last night I had a tickle in my throat and coughed a bit ..  is there a protocol for using a cpap machine when one has covid? I don't want to reinfect myself using the cpap machine?  I'm starting Paxlovid later today.
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: cpap & covid
Generally, you should not need to make changes in CPAP therapy during a COVID infection. I have not seen recent graphs from you, but you were using EPR at 3 last I saw, and that is the most pressure support you can get. Some people experience an increase in events that eventually diminishes. The CPAP machine will not reinfect you, but the vented air at the mask is known to spread a very fine aerosol of virus that might affect others in your sleeping area. Probably best to quarantine your room until you are recovering.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used my pap machine through covid with no problems at all.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
so far, no increase in events.. mostly 0-0.3  with 10cm h2o max and 3 EPR .. I'm more interested in how to treat/clean the mask/tubing/etc so I don't reinfect myself.
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
Standard cleaning procedures. The virus is not especially viable on surfaces and will succumb to a soak in water and Dawn with agitation and a rinse. There is no need to go to greater effort, and as you get better, your immunity will make reinfection very unlikely. In fact, what are you going to do to disinfect your pillow, mattress and bed covers? Hold-on! No need to burn down the house for that either. This is no different than any other illness you have ever had. You get about a year of immunity, and can carry-on with life as normal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Covid Induced CA (Potentially) + UARS, Looking for Help with ASV Settings zfaulk 22 1,990 01-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: subconscious
Sad Higher AHI after Covid Recovery - Oscar Data amfar33 3 354 01-12-2024, 12:17 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Health] AHI Increased - Covid Positive amfar33 2 411 12-27-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Covid/paxlovid/and CAs Dave7777 6 712 08-08-2023, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Dave7777
  CPAP and LONG COVID Fred N 5 658 04-24-2023, 12:45 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Is in-lab titration study needed for higher-risk patient who wants to avoid COVID? DevinJones 19 1,379 03-11-2023, 07:37 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  Post COVID Sanitizer B1Sailor 3 577 02-15-2023, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.