Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

cpap results
cpap results
[parts of this thread were copied from our old forum]
..............................................................................................
carolmacd wrote:
I have used my new cpap for two nights now. Thankfully, I haven't had any major problems. I do wake up a few times because my mouth has fallen open, or just because the mask feels funny, but it hasn't been bad at all. And the second night was definitely better than the first.
I have to admit that I am disappointed, though. In talking to other people that have started cpap, many have said that their daytime sleepiness immediately was better. Although I do think that I feel better first thing when I wake up (easier to get out of bed), I am still pretty sleepy during the day. I fell asleep (again) in a meeting this morning, which was exceptionally embarrassing because it was a small meeting of just four people around a small table, so it was glaringly obvious.
Can some others share their experiences with me? How long did it take you to start feeling normal again after starting cpap?
Thanks,
Carol
..................................................................................................

ConnCarl wrote:
Carol, I don't think there's an easy answer to your question. Folks seem to respond very differently to successful CPAP therapy.

I had a number of CPAP trials over a period of more than ten years and never felt any better.

Eventually, after losing weight and finding a combination of an excellent machine and an effective interface, I was able to get some relief. For me it was a very gradual improvement over a period of several weeks, and it was only my daytime somnolence that improved. My memory, which disintegrated very badly over the years since I was diagnosed, does not seem to have improved at all. But then again, maybe it has, and I just don't remember.

Carl
............................................................................................
G wrote:
Hi There! Don't expect to catch up on months (years?) of poor sleep in a couple of days! Remember when we were all young enough to "party all night?"... And then think all we needed was a good nights sleep to "catch up?" HA! A sleep doc told me that the truth is more like if you miss a night of sleep, then it would take a MONTH of going to bed at your regular time to actually "catch up" ... if there is such a thing. It is going to take a while for your body to feel the effects of feeling rested. I am so glad you found a mask that works for you so fast. I am still experimenting. Good luck!
........................................................................................
carolmacd wrote:
"A sleep doc told me that the truth is more like if you miss a night of sleep, then it would take a MONTH of going to bed at your regular time to actually "catch up""

Wow, I didn't realize that...that would explain it! I am definitely seeing a difference now. Thanks!
.....................................................................................

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 181 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 133 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 474 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.