Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

cpap therapy still tired
cpap therapy still tired
45 day checkup. Been using my machine for a month and a half now but still feeling tired & getting up for bathroom breaks. My AHI numbers are low and i think the leak rate is acceptable. I was wondering if some experts can take a look and see what they think? I have a followup with my drs in about another month. Thanks in advanced!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: cpap therapy still tired
Sorry for the size, the form only allow up to 200k total for attachments and won't allow me to post links to photos
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi wyu177,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It can take some time before you notice improvement with your CPAP therapy,so don't give up.
Hang in there for suggestions and answers to your questions and I wish you good luck on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the board! I'm certainly not an expert, but until one of them shows up, I can say that I agree, your numbers look good. Very low AHI, good leak control (it only shot up beyond 24L a few minutes after 6:00 a.m.) and the earlier 24L leak spike was brief.
I'm still learning about RERA, but arousals are one of its big symptoms. On the other hand, I see only one RERA event along with one hypopnea event.
On the how do you feel side, I can say that I, too, have some days during which I don't feel very rested, even though the data for the previous night looked ok to good. Same thing with pressure; mine can be anything from about 16.5 up to 19.3 or so from one night to the next.
I think you need to give the treatment more time to reduce daytime tiredness. Some board members mention sleep deficit that needs to be made up for when first starting xPAP. It may take a few months before you begin to feel the benefit. There's no set timing for the feeling better to arrive, everyone is different.

David
Post Reply Post Reply
Things look great. There is not a single thing I can pick out that is wrong with your therapy; leak rate, ahi events, flow, tidal volume etc all look good. The only thing I see is a starting ramp of 4.0 may not be necessary for you anymore, and you are not using EPR. You might try adding some therapy EPR to see if it helps you feel more comfortable and rested.

You are getting an average of 7-hours of therapy per night. With disruptions and a bathroom break that means you're getting 6-hours of good sleep a night. That may work for you, but it's a bit short for me. So, maybe an earlier bed-time?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for the feedback as well as welcoming me and checking out my stats. I'll take all this useful information and push forward with my therapy and hopefully this will improve over time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would like to see a closer view of your flow rate graph so I can see the actual inhale and exhale. Look for a section away from your sleep/wake time, something that looks rough with different shapes. IMHO with CPAP you have two issues, first is therapy and you have that in the bag, the seconds is tolerance/comfort and I think this one is getting to you. This can be one of the harder things to track down as you just have to try things and see how you feel in a day or a week. No one can tell you what to set the humidity at for your best sleep.

I had somewhat the same thing except I was getting up every 30-60 minutes all night, had to switch to a BiLevel machine and still fought the settings for upwards of 6 months. Doing quite good now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope this works:

[Image: YjU8DNW.jpg]
[Image: XFtz6bG.jpg]

(09-19-2016, 10:42 PM)PoolQ Wrote: I would like to see a closer view of your flow rate graph so I can see the actual inhale and exhale. Look for a section away from your sleep/wake time, something that looks rough with different shapes. IMHO with CPAP you have two issues, first is therapy and you have that in the bag, the seconds is tolerance/comfort and I think this one is getting to you. This can be one of the harder things to track down as you just have to try things and see how you feel in a day or a week. No one can tell you what to set the humidity at for your best sleep.

I had somewhat the same thing except I was getting up every 30-60 minutes all night, had to switch to a BiLevel machine and still fought the settings for upwards of 6 months. Doing quite good now.

Post Reply Post Reply
I typically have <1 AHI, been on a machine since 2006 and I'm still tired all the time. When I don't use the machine I get exhausted after a week or two without so my improvement goes from exhausted to only tired Wink. I believe the big benefit is to me is to my heart which is why I continue to use my machines.

So while you may not feel great, you might actually be feeling less tired and certainly your heart thanks you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep it worked, nothing stands out for me, but let's see if some of our waveform experts can pick up on anything.

Do you find you have to "push" the air out when exhaling?
Do you wake up and need to take the mask off for a while and just breathe before putting it back on?
Do you feel like you could use more air than you are getting?
Would you like the air to be "thinner" than it seems?
Do you feel the air as either cold or hot?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 164 5 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,057 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 151 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 162 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 249 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,261 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,333 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.