Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear Hair Divot
Question 
Dreamwear Hair Divot
Oh, the joys of cpap therapy and residual issues. I've been using the Dreamwear nasal pillows for a few months but now I've noticed I'm getting a divot in my hair where the mask sits. I'm a hot sleeper but thinking about using a skull cap. Buzz cut would a last resort. What are the other recommendations/solutions that people have successfully used?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear Hair Divot
Mine's curly and kept clipped at a #12 so it's not an issue for me.  
Could your headgear be too small/?
Post Reply Post Reply
Try ahair net like what they use in commercial kitchens for food prer
Post Reply Post Reply
You could also try padding between the top of your head and the headgear.
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
I do use a "doo rag" when I wear that mask, helps quite a bit. Surgeon's cap would do similar, I guess.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both the original DreamWear nasal mask and the newer gel pillows which fit the same frame. When I wear that mask my hair looks like it was in a tornado. But I have to put my hair over the strap to try and keep the headgear on at night. Sucks, but the mask is great.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been looking for something to protect the top of my head as well.  I wear the same headgear, the dreamwear nasal pillow contraption and am finding that where it sits is making a permanent spot in my hair.

I've looked at surgeon's caps and sleep bonnets (yikes on that one), thought about welder's caps and have tried a wide head band and a silk scarf.

The scarf (or doo rag as someone called it - men's version haha) works better than the headband ... and surgeons caps, I can only find in cotton... I understand that silk is best for the hair and the "sleep bonnets" come in many MANY styles colors and sizes for women... I also found on Amazon, silk knitted beanies or skull caps.  AND there are also Chemo caps but haven't found any made of silk yet.  Another option is a welder's cap but they definitely don't come in silk.

So there are lots of options.  I'm hoping to find one that works.   So far, my flat iron and hairspray help keep the spot manipulated, but I've only been using my machine for 4 months, so if I'm finding this much damage already, I'd better find a solution that works.

Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 293 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 332 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 512 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Phillips Dreamwear mask is whistling melody 2 582 09-26-2023, 03:43 PM
  Modifying DREAMWEAR silicone nasal pillow mask xaid 2 716 07-01-2023, 11:33 AM
  Dreamwear pillow mask fit. frame too small? jerop 6 755 05-19-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.