grumpycat Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: resmed S9autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: wisp
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 5-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

Sex: Male

crowdsourcing to "maximize the effectives of CPAP in the U.S."
Don't know what to make of this or how to check on credibility. Minimum donation is $10.00:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/join-o...-in-the-us
07-14-2013 01:44 PM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

RE: crowdsourcing to "maximize the effectives of CPAP in the U.S."
Apnea Board provide all the support and empowerment needed to manage my CPAP therapy
You can donate here http://www.apneaboard.com/donate.htm

Edited to add ... Apnea Board is global, not just in US and open 24/7
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2013 02:28 PM by zonk.)
07-14-2013 02:21 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

I don't think anyone should donate. They want the money to start it up and then charge everyone a monthly fee...for what?

A lot of blah blah but I stopped about halfway through the page when I could still not find out what their PURPOSE is. Sounds nice but...what's the PURPOSE?

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
07-14-2013 02:24 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Yeah, I was trying to figure out "what exactly are they DOING with that money"??

No answers from their website at all... just "give us your money and we'll help CPAP users.."

Okay, but how, exactly? And you need $30,000 to do whatever it is that you plan on doing, but don't even give any hint as to what is going to be done to help CPAP users? Sounds awfully fishy to me. Not surprised that they currently have only $10 in donations toward their $30,000 goal. Dont-know

At least on Apnea Board, when folks donate, they pretty much know what's being done with the money - it's spent on our dedicated server costs so we can continue to have our Main Web Site, distribute the Clinician Setup Manuals to patients, give as much info as possible to patients so that they can take control of their own therapy, provide an informational Wiki about Sleep Apnea and maintain the Apnea Board Forum so patients can help one another.

Yeah, I'd say donating to Apnea Board is probably a better use of one's funds. Of course, I'm a bit biased. BigwinkSmile

But heck, here's our Apnea Board donation link, should you want to help out a bit:

http://www.apneaboard.com/donate.htm

Shameless... I know... but at least folks generally know what we do around here and their donations go to good use.

Wave

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

07-14-2013 02:39 PM
JJJ Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Most recent: Wisp, Pilairo, Mirage Vista
Humidifier: ResMed S9 Autoset
CPAP Pressure: 17-20

Other Comments:

I'd much rather donate to Apnea Board. And it's not shameless to say once in a while that donations are welcome. It has been a long time since I last donated to Apnea Board, so I just did.

As for the questionable site, I asked my friend Mr. Google about Doug Hudiburg. Apparently his field is marketing, and he claims to be very good at it. After reading the site it appears his plan was to appeal to as many groups as possible in order to maximize donations, never mind the fact that some groups are at cross purposes with each other. By trying to please everyone he succeeds in pleasing no one.
07-14-2013 09:56 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Thanks so much, JJJ. Coffee

That's interesting about this other website. So is this guy basically a scammer or is there any redeeming value is what he's trying to do?

Thinking-about

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

07-14-2013 10:14 PM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(07-14-2013 09:56 PM)JJJ Wrote:  It has been a long time since I last donated to Apnea Board, so I just did.
Reminded me too, will send mine in a day or two. Thanks for Mr Sores will be couple dollars short
Billion dollar bet on rate cut pays off http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/b...z2Z56LAiLU
07-14-2013 10:30 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

(07-14-2013 10:30 PM)zonk Wrote:  Reminded me too, will send mine in a day or two. Thanks for Mr Sores will be couple dollars short
Billion dollar bet on rate cut pays off http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/b...z2Z56LAiLU

Thanks Zonk! Mr. Soros has a history of messing with currency values. Even though his "bet" was a huge one, I'm sure that it won't greatly affect currency conversions from Aussie Bucks to Yankee Bucks. oldman

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

07-14-2013 10:41 PM
JJJ Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Most recent: Wisp, Pilairo, Mirage Vista
Humidifier: ResMed S9 Autoset
CPAP Pressure: 17-20

Other Comments:

(07-14-2013 10:14 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  That's interesting about this other website. So is this guy basically a scammer or is there any redeeming value is what he's trying to do?

His mentality is that of a used car salesman. The difference is that he is well educated and trying to do it on a larger scale via the internet.

I'd stay away until and if he finally comes up with something clearly worth giving money to.
07-15-2013 01:33 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
grumpycat Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: resmed S9autoset
Mask Make & Model: wisp
CPAP Pressure: 5-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

Thanks for all your comments and info. I had been wondering whether this person/company was known to the community. Apparently not. I did research Doug Hudiburg. He is listed in LinkedIn and is self-described as

"Doug Hudiburg is a product developer/producer and marketing expert who creates and promotes irresistible products including: CPAP Therapy, HME Provider Services, Medical Devices, and Online Marketing Technologies markets.

Doug is the founder of The CPAP Horizon Project (http://CpapHorizonProject.net) which exists to help CPAP Providers evolve -- to take full advantage of the significant opportunity contained in the next evolutionary wave of the CPAP Therapy System in the United States."

So, this looks like a provider oriented organization which sees an "irresistible product" in the CPAP and wants to cash in.

I'll pass and make another donation to the Apnea Board Smile
07-15-2013 07:47 AM
Thread Closed