Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

d50+ oximeter - sleepyhead stopped downloading info
Ohmy 
d50+ oximeter - sleepyhead stopped downloading info
i have sleepyhead on my mac running el capitan. the data downloaded fine for 3 weeks. then stopped. i have done the following: uninstalled and reinstalled sleepyhead and driver. tried sleepyhead on another mac, bought a new d50+ . still can't get data. any ideas what has happened? as far as i know, i changed nothing on the computer between when it worked and when it did not.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: d50+ oximeter - sleepyhead stopped downloading info
Hi, got an email from you about this.

you say nothing is changed, so I don't know. FWIW, mysteries like this happen to me all the time, too.

Here are some things you can check (they are all pretty obvious, I'm not trying to insult you, just going thru the list of what I can think of):
1) you have some data in the oximeter.
2) The oximeter is in the right mode before downloading. (menu mode)
3) right cable
4) Make sure the destination directory is write enabled.

also, if you start the oximeter wizard with the oximeter connected, does the program recognize the oximeter?

and are there any error messages?

Finally, if none of the above help, I suggest writing a detailed, step by step, description of what you do when you try to upload data. Be as detailed as you can be, don't leave out the smallest detail. Include all messages from the program. This will help other folks figure out what is wrong.

I know it's frustrating. good luck!!

that's all I can think of.
Even smart people make mistakes
Only wise people learn from them
Post Reply Post Reply
I just posted a similar message on the software forum. Apparently, the latest SILabs driver has some compatibility issues with El Capitan.

See: http://community.silabs.com/t5/Interface...d-p/155165

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2016, 08:22 PM)Huesito Wrote: I just posted a similar message on the software forum. Apparently, the latest SILabs driver has some compatibility issues with El Capitan.

See: http://community.silabs.com/t5/Interface...d-p/155165

could be. I am running 10.9, Mavericks. I have a policy of not upgrading unless I absolutely have to do so.

so , Judith: If you can find a mac that is running 10.9, load sleepyhead and drivers and see if the downloads start working.

also, by any chance have you upgraded your operating system lately? Including an update from one version of El Capitain to another? (sometimes Apple does this for you and kind of hides this, might be hard to figure it out).
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi judith,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I hope you get your software problems straightened out.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
i looked at the admin permissions. the first (me) was read and write. the others were simply read. i changed them to read and write - this worked! (i don't understand why and if you have the time, i would appreciate your wisdom as to why. or for that matter why sleepyhead worked to begin with but then stopped.)

but in any case, thank you for your quick reply and your wisdom.

(01-13-2016, 06:15 PM)dottore Wrote: Hi, got an email from you about this.

you say nothing is changed, so I don't know. FWIW, mysteries like this happen to me all the time, too.

Here are some things you can check (they are all pretty obvious, I'm not trying to insult you, just going thru the list of what I can think of):
1) you have some data in the oximeter.
2) The oximeter is in the right mode before downloading. (menu mode)
3) right cable
4) Make sure the destination directory is write enabled.

also, if you start the oximeter wizard with the oximeter connected, does the program recognize the oximeter?

and are there any error messages?

Finally, if none of the above help, I suggest writing a detailed, step by step, description of what you do when you try to upload data. Be as detailed as you can be, don't leave out the smallest detail. Include all messages from the program. This will help other folks figure out what is wrong.

I know it's frustrating. good luck!!

that's all I can think of.

Post Reply Post Reply
great!!! I'm glad the problem is solved.

I discovered this problem when it happened to me, so it's not a rare thing.

I think what is going on is that Sleepyhead has to create a directory (folder) when it is going to save data. When it is unable to do so, because the destination is not write enabled, it simply fails and doesn't issue a useful error message. IMHO this is a bug in sleepyhead because the program should report WHAT failed and WHY so the user can correct it. If there had been a pop up that said "failed to create folder XYZ in folder ABC", you would have fixed this long ago.

To be fair, it's some work for a programmer to carefully handle all possible errors and exceptions and to report them and programmers never get credit for doing it, only for the fancy features they add. Sleepyhead is better than most free programs in this regard.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 63 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 149 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 118 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 146 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,313 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 121 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 574 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.