Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

data gaps on ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
data gaps on ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
Greetings to all,
I have been experimenting with a chin prop device and had very bad leakage last night. Here is a close up showing how the machine responded with dropouts in the data. Can others confirm this is how their data looks on this machine when the leakage is this high? Could there be anything else going on? We also had a raging electrical storm going on at the time.
Thanks for feedback!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: data gaps on ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
not much help here. more than a year with the same machine and I've never seen this. what's weird is that some of the drop outs don't appear to be associated with leaks. I wonder if your smartstart is on?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your response.

Yes, I saw that some gaps do not appear to begin with high leakage. There are many calculations that are affected by leakage and some of them are averages over time. I am hoping this is just normal with resetting calcs due to high leakage and not a malfunctioning machine. I will see how it does tonight. I got a buckwheat husk pillow to help stabilize head movement from side to side as I sleep on my back and this does affect leakage.

Smart start is on. We determined we did not lose electricity last night during the storm. Many other items in our home would have been affected and blinking if that were the case.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was thinking the problem might be smartstart. if you had a large leak in the amount and duration that smartstart uses to decide when to turn the machine off, the machine might have turned off until you stopped leaking and restarted the machine with the next closed circuit breaths. obviously the way to test that theory is try it without smartstart.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was guessing maybe a bad SD card? They are pretty cheap. Might try to format a brand new card and pop it in. I'd hate the thought of your PAP machine failing.

I suppose, another long shot - you could check the SD card and see if the contacts are corroded or otherwise dirty (unlikely). And/or shoot some dry air-in-a-can in the SD card socket.

Another guess is maybe the storm produced a lot of static discharge that created a bunch of EMI and/or RFI on the line that might mess with the PAP machine, but not to the point of causing anything serious to fail. It may run perfectly fine from here on out and be a one-off incident. Otherwise you may have to just try to log any possible causes if it keeps occurring.

If you suspect that lightning is causing problems with "dirty" power, you can always get a power strip, but don't get a cheap $20 model. You'll have to spend $65 +/- to get one that has circuitry that actually removes EMI and RFI from the line. The cheaper ones don't.

Best of luck.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your responses. All good guesses.
Last night I had no leakage with the buckwheat pillow and the chin prop. No storm. No dropouts in the data either. Everything looks normal. I guess I will just carry on and see what happens after this. So glad you are all here with thoughts to share. Keeps me from going into panic mode when things look bad!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2019, 06:41 PM)KallyA Wrote: Thanks for your responses. All good guesses.
Last night I had no leakage with the buckwheat pillow and the chin prop. No storm. No dropouts in the data either. Everything looks normal. I guess I will just carry on and see what happens after this. So glad you are all here with thoughts to share. Keeps me from going into panic mode when things look bad!

Don't panic Kally.
I never do as long as there's plenty of ice cream in the house.  like 

Sleep-well
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,487 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,327 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.