Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

data help
RE: data help
by s9 is an elite.. and I am a side sleeper but i know if i fall alseep on my back i wake up within the hour with or without the machine. so i have made adjustments to make sure i am always on my side. I have been on the machine for 16 days now i just want to start feeling better. i am sure i had severe sleep apnea for 10 years so i know this will take time

thanks for all your responses
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2014, 09:26 PM)steve392 Wrote: by s9 is an elite.. and I am a side sleeper but i know if i fall alseep on my back i wake up within the hour with or without the machine. so i have made adjustments to make sure i am always on my side. I have been on the machine for 16 days now i just want to start feeling better. i am sure i had severe sleep apnea for 10 years so i know this will take time

thanks for all your responses

Hi Steve,
Since you have been PAPing for such a short time, it might be possible to exchange your S9 Elite for an S9 Autoset. The Autoset can be configured to operate exactly like your Elite, if it turned out that you do better with a fixed pressure. However the Autoset gives you the option to set a range of pressure, and have the machine seek out the pressure you need moment-by-moment. Many Sleep labs use the S9 Autoset to do Titration studies, to determine the best pressure for you. If your machine were an Autoset, you could repeat your own titration study as often as you wished.

Note that pressure needs sometimes vary: if you gain weight or lose weight, if you have allergies flaring up, if you have a cold - all these things can affect the pressure needed to handle your apneas. For me, the Autoset just makes more sense than the Elite because of the options it provides you.

Something to think about.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
The last thing I am wondering is when I use my humidifier it makes a loud noice then water shoots up in the mask I am guessing that is what is reffered to as rain out. How do I fix this because ever since I turned it off I get really dry. My room Temperature is about 65-67
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2014, 07:43 AM)steve392 Wrote: The last thing I am wondering is when I use my humidifier it makes a loud noice then water shoots up in the mask I am guessing that is what is reffered to as rain out. How do I fix this because ever since I turned it off I get really dry. My room Temperature is about 65-67

A) I'm guessing you are overfilling your tank. When overfilled, water will shoot into the tubing and to the mask. Do not fill higher than the MAX line on the scale.

B) A phenomena known as rainout can cause water to collect when the humidity is set too high -- but it takes a little time for it to happen.

So, if it happens when you first press start -- see A above.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Not that any of us have ever overfilled the tank or anything like that. Oh-jeez

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2014, 10:41 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Not that any of us have ever overfilled the tank or anything like that. Oh-jeez

Guilty! The output port is just above the max water level. First time I overfilled, water was shooting up the hose like a fire hose.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I am always under the max fill it starts happening about 30-45mins after I hit the start button. humidity level is set to 5.
Post Reply Post Reply
How is your hose arranged?are there any low spots in the hose?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2014, 10:41 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Not that any of us have ever overfilled the tank or anything like that. Oh-jeez
Why of course not, (Ha-Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
You might want to turn the humidity level down a bit.

...And remove any leftover water from the hose. Some people say they do this by swinging the hose around in the air forcing the water out. That's ok, but remove the machine first.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,653 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 898 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 801 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,285 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IF I insert an SD card to get data for Sleepyhead will my ResMed still send data theMezz 3 2,073 04-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: theMezz
  Data viewer for 960 BiPAP AutoSV / Missing data pswartz 5 4,059 10-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: pswartz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.