Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

data input
data input
I apologise in advance for what is probably a simple question, but I am still trying to work my way around the board site. 

Perhaps you could answer this, or direct me to where I can find the answer – thanks

I have downloaded Encore Pro 2, and I can get it up and apparently working OK.

The simple question is – how do I get my data in? And if I do get it in, will my SD card be erased?

I have downloaded my SD card from a Phillips machine to a file on my computer ( see attached ) However, when I go up to the little utilities  gear icon in the top right , and try to import patient, and use this file, it is looking for .esp files, and I have none. All the files are .001, .002 and .005 files

I am sure it is simple, but it has me beaten.

If I was to input to Sleepyhead, would the results be the SAME?

Many thanks for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: data input
I have not used it but SleepyHead works very well for me. There is a user guide for  Encore 2 Here. If you haven't read it.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I recall correctly, Encore will download the data only from the SD card itself. You will not erase your SD card doing this, but you should lock it anyway as a good practice.

SleepyHead is much better software, by the way.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Encorebasic would have been a lot easier and given the same data. You will need to be able to access the SD card in your machine. In Encore be sure a patient file is selected first, then from the patient page, you will see tabs for prescription and history. Select history and Download from Disk. You should be able to select the SD card. Be sure to select options to return card to user and not delete the data. The program is also capable of uploading a prescription to the SD card that will be read by the machine and overwrite existing settings. You probably want to avoid that.

There is no reason not to use the free #Sleepyhead software which is much easier to use, cannot corrupt your machine's settings, and produces better reports. Second choice is EncoreBasic 2.4.8 available from the Forum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi woolno,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Machine Increases Pressure Without Input JeffNC 7 395 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Help interpreting OSCAR data - any input appreciated da123Afd 4 432 12-24-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: da123Afd
  [CPAP] Input needed eugyoo2 20 1,319 09-17-2023, 05:27 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  New user looking for input on data Jmack91 8 745 01-29-2023, 04:24 AM
Last Post: Jmack91
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
  AHI higher than I remember - Need some input dk5jmiller 4 722 11-01-2022, 06:52 AM
Last Post: dk5jmiller

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.