Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

dealing with an error message
dealing with an error message
Hi all!

I hope this isn't an inappropriate forum to ask my question. I'm using an old CPAP machine for a DIY project (an airtight bubble helmet with long air tubes to more safely cuddle with a friend during the pandemic), and have run into a problem. It's a ResMed Air10 that's missing the water tub/side seal. So when I try to turn it on, I get the "High leak detected, check your water tub, tub seal or side cover" error message. I don't need the humidifier and can seal that area myself, but even after sealing it with plastic sheeting and duct tape it still shows the error. I'm wondering if there's a way to get it not to turn off when it detects this error or to prevent it from detecting the error. I'm guessing it must have a sensor somewhere telling it that the water tub or side seal aren't there--anyone know where that sensor is and how to fool it?

Regards,

Yosef
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: dealing with an error message
For about $24 on Amazon, you can get the side panel for the AirSense 10. This will fix your problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the "air tight bubble helmet" isn't air tight enough.

The CPAP machine is designed to give a pressure increase with the flow controlled (mostly) by the venting built in to a standard CPAP mask, which is 20 to 60 litres per minute. Full scale on the flow results reported on the SD card is 120 litres/minute, and I'm not sure if is excessive flow or lack of pressure increase which triggers the high leak message.

Can you get a better seal of the helmet around your neck or shoulders?
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The geek in me says, you do not understand the humidifier tub or cover creates a loop that lets pressure go from the blower to the outlet. So taping off the side simply blocks flow. Practical me, says, imagine the challenges of sealing a mask or helmet to two individuals, not to mention, the machine is not designed to support two individuals or respond to the respiratory feedback. I really don't see any practical reason or path to support this really bad idea. Use your creative side to come up with some better ways to be close while you're awake.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 336 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 186 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,796 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Error 1 Rafael Bezerra 1 328 12-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,200 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,571 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  [Equipment] Resvent iBreeze 25STA error code: 609 Mic0228 0 763 09-24-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Mic0228

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.