Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

decided on mask, undecided on machine
RE: decided on mask, undecided on machine
The S9 is Resmed and has a rear hose connection.
The top hose connection is on the PR System One machines.
There are many subtle differences between the brands, power requirements being only one.
If you get a good pure sine wave inverter the machines could not tell the difference between that and a standard US 120 V wall socket, except the inverter might provide more stable power.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: decided on mask, undecided on machine
(04-08-2015, 01:35 AM)Tez62 Wrote: Welcome leximorph19, a lot of us got the that feeling the day after the sleep study and you may get it the first few days after you start your treatment.
Normally it doesn't last but slowly over time it will come back.

Pretty much all parts are interchangable, personally I like sticking with the same brand for each.

Good luck

I got my machine at last and started therapy at home last night. At first, I thought it was bad timing because I was nursing a fever and had some nasal congestion + dry cough. But you know, I really felt better when I woke up. Fever was gone.

In a way, it was a little like waking up from the split sleep study - with less effects because I usually don't get enough sleep during week days. So, although I felt more awake while driving, at the office, I still felt moments of drowsiness. I hope my adjustment period doesn't take too long.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 285 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 864 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
  [CPAP] Significant noise from mask since change of CPAP machine! SwissTruffle 7 702 01-03-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] I cannot keep my mask on, and I'm thinking of returning the machine. blakeh36 1 375 11-12-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,176 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How do I reduce machine noise with the P30i mask? TiredTom111 3 779 08-07-2023, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,526 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.