Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

decided on mask, undecided on machine
decided on mask, undecided on machine
I've just undergone a split study and has just been diagnosed with severe OSA, around 42 AHI, with recommended CPAP setting of 4 to 10 cm H2O.

So I've only just experienced the wonders of CPAP just one night. The following day was surreal, I did not need to take an afternoon nap, driving was a breeze (no drowsiness at all).

As for the nasal mask, the Wisp was ok and I feel I can tolerate it, and the fit was snug.

As for the CPAP machine, I'm considering either the REMstar Auto A-Flex with humidifier or the equivalent ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. However, upon reading some of the manuals, I saw different sizes of tubing, some with 15mm, others with 22mm. So, I have some doubts whether I might run into problems joining tubes from different manufacturers. Is it alright to mix brands between masks and CPAP machines? Are the couplings for the tubes of a standard size? Please advise. Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: decided on mask, undecided on machine
Welcome leximorph19, a lot of us got the that feeling the day after the sleep study and you may get it the first few days after you start your treatment.
Normally it doesn't last but slowly over time it will come back.

Pretty much all parts are interchangable, personally I like sticking with the same brand for each.

Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a Resmed A10 with a Fisher mask. I also have a Philips mask. I don't see any reason to stick to 1 manufacturer.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the ResMed A10 autoset love it I also use sometimes the wisp mask works great.
Post Reply Post Reply
The tube connections are the same for both the 22mm standard tubes and the 15mm diameter slimline tubes. They are interchangeable as far as the tube connectors are concerned.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi leximorph19,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Masks are interchangable from one brand of machine to another.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you as you start your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2015, 06:15 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: The tube connections are the same for both the 22mm standard tubes and the 15mm diameter slimline tubes. They are interchangeable as far as the tube connectors are concerned.

OMM

Very true but you will need to make sure that the machine that you get is set for the correct tubing..

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
If you get the heated hoses, they are manufacturer specific. i.e. A ResMed heated hose only works with a ResMed humidifier.

The Respironics humidifiers come in a heated hose compatible version and a non-heated hose compatible version. If you want to use a heated hose on the Respironics, be sure you get the correct humidifier and hose on your first purchase.

Non-heated hoses will work on any humidifier.

The larger hoses are better in terms of operation. Some people want the smaller hose for less weight, but I don't think it's really much of an improvement.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you have the answers above, I'll just say welcome to the board!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2015, 10:53 AM)PaytonA Wrote:
(04-08-2015, 06:15 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: The tube connections are the same for both the 22mm standard tubes and the 15mm diameter slimline tubes. They are interchangeable as far as the tube connectors are concerned.

OMM

Very true but you will need to make sure that the machine that you get is set for the correct tubing..

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Meh. There's that, but I'm not convinced it matters enough to worry about. One of them "inconsequential increments". Pressure is pressure in a small slowly leaking vessel that is continually refilled and kept at the set pressure. And in my opinion, FWIW, there is not enough length for many of the factors that would come into play on a much larger scale (like a 100 or a 1,000 mile pipeline) to matter in any functional way on these tubes. Neither the S-8 or the DeVillbiss Intellipap have settings for the 15 mm slimline tubing I use on them. And I cannot tell any meaningful difference in performance.

Not advising anyone to do this - do what you wanna do - just offering the opinion that I don't think it really matters.

OMMOHY

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 286 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 864 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
  [CPAP] Significant noise from mask since change of CPAP machine! SwissTruffle 7 703 01-03-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] I cannot keep my mask on, and I'm thinking of returning the machine. blakeh36 1 375 11-12-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,189 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How do I reduce machine noise with the P30i mask? TiredTom111 3 779 08-07-2023, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,528 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.