Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

desperate: stopping cpap for now
desperate: stopping cpap for now
I am so desperate, beyond tired, just did second Oximetry test barely could walk to the clinic to drop off the unit, so pale and weak...I cannot function like this and care for my sick wife, let alone myself...

I am going to chance not using the machine, the trial is over this week anyway, I have to get some sleep....will see what my GP says and wait to do the sleep trial...I obviously have breathing/sleep issues beyond SA....

Wish me luck...one breath at a time...

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: desperate: stoping cpap for now
(08-16-2014, 04:23 PM)storywizard Wrote: I am so desperate, beyond tired, just did second Oximetry test barely could walk to the clinic to drop off the unit, so pale and weak...I cannot function like this and care for my sick wife, let alone myself...

I am going to chance not using the machine, the trial is over this week anyway, I have to get some sleep....will see what my GP says and wait to do the sleep trial...I obviously have breathing/sleep issues beyond SA....

I wouldn't wait for anything. Call your doc and tell him you need help now.

There's no reason for you to feel like crap.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2014, 04:59 PM)tcarmen Wrote:
(08-16-2014, 04:23 PM)storywizard Wrote: I am so desperate, beyond tired, just did second Oximetry test barely could walk to the clinic to drop off the unit, so pale and weak...I cannot function like this and care for my sick wife, let alone myself...

I wouldn't wait for anything. Call your doc and tell him you need help now.

There's no reason for you to feel like crap.

Doc on vacation, can't get until Friday Dielaughing

Ah well. Oh-jeez

SW

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: desperate: stopping cpap for now

Hi storywizard,

How long have you been using CPAP?

Not clear what trial you just finished and what trial you are waiting for.

But sounds like you were on CPAP and having very hard time of it. Can you list the main problems you had?

Unable to fall asleep? Pressure too high? Claustrophobia with mask on? Leaks keeping you awake? Waking up gasping for air with heart racing? Swallowing air until painful?

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Storywizard

See your doc ASAP. You may have other conditions that are dragging you down.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2014, 05:38 PM)vsheline Wrote:

Hi storywizard,

How long have you been using CPAP?

2 months

Not clear what trial you just finished and what trial you are waiting for.

2 month trial with provider, now applying for sleep study

But sounds like you were on CPAP and having very hard time of it. Can you list the main problems you had?

No deep sleep, exhaustion, fatigue, sleepiness, can barely get through the day...

had started this thread...
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...and-events

SW

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2014, 05:58 PM)justMongo Wrote:

Storywizard

See your doc ASAP. You may have other conditions that are dragging you down.

Next Friday..

seems to be problem with "falling asleep" and coming out of sleep...could be old problem not dealt with, pretty clear its not "just" SA..

I also have RLS....

Thanks for the support..

Storywizard

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi storywizard,
I'm sorry you are having such a rought time with CPAP therapy and that you have to discontinue use of your trial machine.
Keep us posted on how things go and hang in there for more responses.
Good luck to you and I hope you get to feeling better, soon.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If your trial machine was on a fixed pressure of 10 cm, things don't make sense.
You apparently have not had a sleep study or titration study.
It would seem your machine should have been set for a range of pressures if this was a trial titration.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2014, 05:11 PM)storywizard Wrote: Doc on vacation, can't get until Friday Dielaughing

Ah well. Oh-jeez

That does not matter. Call the doctor's office and report the severity of your situation. They can refer you to someone else who can help you.

It sounds like you have an unusual situation and you need more help than we can give you.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mask anxiety is making me desperate - any help appreciated! Tropicalhammock777 9 722 11-14-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Am I doing this right (OSCAR)? - Desperate and Need help Psperez27 5 496 10-15-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Desperate for Humidity level help please luigi28me 4 649 09-24-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Treatment] Desperate for assistance. UARS and APAP vermilion48 3 665 09-11-2023, 11:37 PM
Last Post: jwest
  [CPAP] CA increase after stopping with drinking Sprunk 12 1,408 05-30-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: restless51
  Stopping AirSense 10 AutoSet Nailuj 3 413 04-20-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  New Member desperate for help Mandrake 17 1,345 10-18-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Mandrake

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.