Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How low can I go? AHI-Questions
RE: How low can I go? AHI-Questions
(07-08-2014, 05:17 AM)Salubrino Wrote: Hi again!

My machine is the Autoset.... Smile If I hade read next to the power button from the start that wouldn´t had been an issue... Smile

Checked the leaks now in sleepyhead - the leak rate 95% is 4.53 over the last two weeks. This is good, right? It´s a lot better since i switched masks...

My med pressure is quite high - 12.6 and the 95% pressure is 16.80... would i benefit from tighteneing the auto cpap range that is nowfrom 4-20 to something tighter?

you're doing very good on leaks.

yes, you can raise the lower pressure to something closer to what it ends up being during the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hej Salubrino,

As others have said, if you're early on in your treatment, you'll probably be able to improve those numbers a fair bit yet. Part of it is getting used to therapy and part is finding out what works best for you.

Acceptable treatment is having an AHI of < 5....but the lower you can get that number and the better you feel, the better it is.

Your leak rate looks good.

If your machine is set for 4-20 and your median pressure is around 12 cm H2O, you probably find it feels a bit like you can't get enough air to start with (4 is pretty low for using a full face mask)...if that's the case, you may need to bump up the minimum pressure a bit. If you're using software, it's always a good idea to give any changes a week or so to see how they impact your treatment.

Keep asking questions and be proactive....it's your health and you want the best you can get Smile

Lucka till Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Again!

I have raised the starting pressure to 8 now and it is indeed easier to breathe with the ffm before falling to sleep. And less yawning too. Hadn´t thought of that so thanks for the tip! Will obey the one week rule too and see what has happened after that. The first three days my AHI got lower - mainly due to fewer clear airway apneas according to sleepyhead. Will be interesting to see if that trend continues over the week!

I have never recorded a max pressure during my month - is there anything to potentially gain from lowering the cpap intervall then or should I just leave it be? I seem to max out at around 17.

Thanks for the encouragement Psychomike (and all you others of courser) and the wish me luck in my beloved mother tongue! Smile

I´ve actually already discovered several health benefits all ready - one is being able to focus longer. I shoot target pistol and have improved my high score with 11 points over the last months. A big part in that is my new ability to be able to focus fully all ten rounds (10 times 5 shots over approximately 75 min) and not getting a drop in scores the last 5-6 rounds. Excellent and fun!

Tack så mycket till er alla!

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2014, 03:33 PM)Salubrino Wrote: I have never recorded a max pressure during my month - is there anything to potentially gain from lowering the cpap intervall then or should I just leave it be? I seem to max out at around 17.

Hard to say without looking at the big picture.

Glad to hear you are doing so much better. It's a life-changer!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 10 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 266 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 305 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 463 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,593 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.