Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Max pressure different SH vs Oscar
Max pressure different SH vs Oscar
I finally downloaded OSCAR.  I have been comparing the results and noticed the max pressure on Oscar is reported lower than sleepyhead.  I verified on the chart and Sleepyhead is correct.  Oscar is lower for the 3 days I compared it.  

Here is a screenshot from OSCAR.

I also noticed EPAP is lower.  

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Max pressure different Sleepyhead vs Oscar
One of the changes that was made in SleepyHead v1.1.0 (and carried over to OSCAR) was to report the 99th percentile pressure instead on the real maximum. The idea was to ignore spikes of short duration; since the change wasn't really documented in the release notes, it has caused some confusion.

A possible solution would be to make a Preference choice between 99th percentile and true maximum, and we would undoubtedly chose the wrong one as default, according to some people.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Max pressure different Sleepyhead vs Oscar
(08-16-2019, 12:04 PM)pholynyk Wrote: One of the changes that was made in SleepyHead v1.1.0 (and carried over to OSCAR) was to report the 99th percentile pressure instead on the real maximum. The idea was to ignore spikes of short duration; since the change wasn't really documented in the release notes, it has caused some confusion.

A possible solution would be to make a Preference choice between 99th percentile and true maximum, and we would undoubtedly chose the wrong one as default, according to some people.

Thanks for the information.  

Does that apply to all the Max values (Resp Rate, Flow Limit etc....)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not picking up resetting of min pressure? WisNaeMe 6 535 01-17-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Overview Pressure Plot not showing real Max sopherFellow 15 2,240 09-09-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  OSCAR 1.5 Pressure Display Cuppa 3 648 09-05-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Why does Oscar Display Pressure, EPAP IPAP on Dreamstation Bipap pressure Graph microvax 5 799 02-27-2023, 04:47 AM
Last Post: microvax
  Set CPAP to fixed pressure but OSCAR shows pressure decreasing all night... cpapnewbie18 2 725 01-12-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Oscar 1.3 "Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown." DrNefario 8 1,314 11-18-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Oscar 1.3.0 Pressure Min/Max S. Manz 4 854 10-27-2021, 10:06 PM
Last Post: S. Manz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.