Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

did Linux corrupt my SD card?
did Linux corrupt my SD card?
I unplugged my cpap, removed the SD card, moved the tab to "lock", placed it in a card reader, and connected it to my Linux machine (Ubuntu 14.04). I copied the card, then removed the card reader, removed the SD card, unlocked the card, placed it back in the cpap, and restored power to the cpap. Everything looked normal. However, since doing this "reading of the SD card", my cpap is no longer "phoning home" any data to ResMed. It's working just fine in every other way, as far as I can tell.

I saw the warnings about some operating systems ignoring the card lock and writing hidden system files on the SD cards when they were being read, but I (perhaps foolishly?) did not think that applied to a Linux system.

Any suggestions? What happened? I'm not very techie, btw, so please give me the entry level explanation if it involves Linux (I had help setting up my system, so the usual assumptions about Linux owners don't apply to me - I just wanted to be a rebel!)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: did Linux corrupt my SD card?
Update: my cpap called home! So now the question is: did ResMed have a problem over the weekend, or do I have a loose connection or something in my two week old new cpap? I moved it around, trying to see if for some reason the cell signal was weak - then I returned it to the exact same place I've had it since I got it. Phew! I thought I had done something unspeakable to my SD card!
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't be concerned at all yet. There is no guarantee that MyAir will receive your data on a rigorous time schedule. It happens when it happens but it should get sent sometime every day. If you get into the mode where it consistently does not get received then you may assume the modem is not working. My first AirCurve machine did not communicate at all and I was given a new machine.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I called my DME - apparently lots of people complained about the cell coverage this weekend. I was a bit panicky because for the past two weeks, the cpap called home within an hour of my getting up for the day - like clockwork - then I go messing about with the SD card, and immediately after that, the machine stops calling home - coincidental, not causal, in this case, thank goodness!
Post Reply Post Reply
maybe you managed to turn it off at precisely the time it meant to send.... certainly the SD card did not have anything to do with it - and there is no need to write protect with linux, it will not intrude unless you ask it to. I never write protect Tongue
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2015, 09:56 AM)MobileBasset Wrote: Don't be concerned at all yet. There is no guarantee that MyAir will receive your data on a rigorous time schedule. It happens when it happens but it should get sent sometime every day.

I suspect there was a problem at Resmed's end. Yesterday there was no data for Saturday night on the MyAir site. This morning by 11:00 the data was there for both days. Could be the cell phone network was overloaded for some reason too, I suppose.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
It's not the OS its the reader that fails to detect slider. Always unmount before you remove. On Mac eject before remove. Even if read only as it may not be.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 125 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What version of Linux for my Chromebook? bluetangle127 1 432 10-26-2023, 10:54 AM
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 668 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 643 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 552 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
  o2 insight pro on linux Jim Vader 10 1,390 08-16-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: data01

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.