Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead & new Dreamstation
SleepyHead & new Dreamstation
My Dreamstation is out of order and it will be replaced thru a new one. How can I continue working with old data / SleepyHead. Should I open a new user account? What should I be aware of when using the new Dreamstation with existing SleepyHead database?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead & new Dreamstation
There should be no problems when changing machines.

Each machine has their own serial number and SleepyHead will recognize that it is a different machine when you insert the new SD card into computer. Don't use your SD card from first machine.

Sleepyhead will just pick up where it left off and if you look at the bottom of the statistics page, you should see the first machine listed along with the new machine and the date started.

Hope that makes sense. Smile

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. But I use a FlashAir SD-Card. So I can format and use it as the new one. It that ok.?
Post Reply Post Reply
That's not something I use so can't help there, but hang in ....Someone will be able to answer.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ThanksIt works perfect with the new station & SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
No need to format the SD card for a machine swap, just put the card from the old machine in to the new one.

Or copy the SD card data on to another card and use that in the new machine.

Either way Sleepyhead automatically logs the change, and gives you the date/time/machine serial number and so forth in the summary of machine details at the bottom of the screen on the Statistics page.

It also keeps the details of the previous machine on that was in use there as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
1. the new station has it one's card
2. No problem with new or formatted card
3. don't need to copy the old data
4.just insert the new card

SleepyHead is really super like
Post Reply Post Reply
I just put the SD card out of my loan Dreamstation in to my new Dreamstation when I purchased it.

The clinic my loan unit came from were happy to let me keep the SD card from the machine, they also set up my new machine with the exact same settings that the loaner had.
They also didn't take the card that came with the new machine, I still have it to use when the current SD card is finally filled up.

I have been using a CPAP for four months now, the data for that total period has only taken up a minuscule amount of space on the SD card so far... it will be years before I need to use a second card.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SleepyHead & DreamStation 700: Does This Work? ghborrmann 0 990 04-15-2019, 04:12 PM
Last Post: ghborrmann
  DreamStation Go and Sleepyhead 6280LDO 2 1,457 12-19-2018, 04:56 PM
Last Post: 6280LDO
Arrow [Admin Note] SleepyHead Dreamstation AutoSV Patch [DATA NEEDED see post #2] Greggory 59 18,317 08-29-2018, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleepyhead for Dreamstation BiPap ASV advanced RLSdss 1 1,353 08-19-2018, 07:49 AM
  Sleepyhead for Dreamstation ASV RLSdss 1 1,847 08-15-2018, 04:22 PM
  Sleepyhead for Dreamstation ASV RLSdss 0 1,180 08-14-2018, 10:43 AM
Last Post: RLSdss
  SleepyHead and DreamStation BiPaP quietlyamuck 2 1,593 08-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.