Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thanks for the info - donation sent
Cool 
Thanks for the info - donation sent
Thanks everyone involved in this site. (docj is nickname should change for this site) Got here because I was fed up with overcharging DME maybe I'm cheap or a do it yourselfer or a tech geek or all of the above. After taking in all the info I have purchased a used S9 autoset and set up the machine to my specs, downloaded the Resmed software. Was able to read the card info of the first night no problems. Next I get to find out what the DME will charge to keep my old machine as a back up or if I turn it in and look for another used one for a back up. Will change the info in my profile when I figure out if I am cutting the cord with the DME and saving my insurance co. and myself a whole lot of money. My info is pressure 14 AHI .6 love the nasal pillow mask and it all works for me. Thanks again for the info and first hand knowledge love the site!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thanks for the info - donation sent
(12-29-2013, 09:43 AM)Doc J Wrote: Thanks everyone involved in this site. (docj is nickname should change for this site) Got here because I was fed up with overcharging DME maybe I'm cheap or a do it yourselfer or a tech geek or all of the above. After taking in all the info I have purchased a used S9 autoset and set up the machine to my specs, downloaded the Resmed software. Was able to read the card info of the first night no problems. Next I get to find out what the DME will charge to keep my old machine as a back up or if I turn it in and look for another used one for a back up. Will change the info in my profile when I figure out if I am cutting the cord with the DME and saving my insurance co. and myself a whole lot of money. My info is pressure 14 AHI .6 love the nasal pillow mask and it all works for me. Thanks again for the info and first hand knowledge love the site!!!!!!!!!!!

how long have you had the machine from the DME? If it has been a long time, your insurance company may be close to purchasing it and if you return it, you will have wasted all of your money that you have paid and the insurance company is likely to have to continue paying for it or purchase it outright. I doubt the DME will take it back but who knows?
Post Reply Post Reply
That is why I said I will find out the money figures to find out. I have been on my old machine 220 days. When I got it I knew I was going to do everything to make it work and wanted to pay my part to buy machine right off the bat not rent. I'm finding out the insurance co. may have not done that (I'm sure many people do not continue to use and they will lease and overpay by five times it's value). Either way if I will be out more than the cost of another (better) machine it may not make sense. I'm quite sure I won't be pleased with the figures and look forward to stopping the madness. They may be helping some and it may be the standard means of getting equipment but it seems to me they are way overcharging people right when they need the most help. I'll get off my soapbox but I won't be purchasing a hose for $59 that I can get for $5 much less the expensive components.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on the new machine! I don't think you are cheap at all. Actually, I am impressed with people like you who educate themselves and then take action, saving money in the process. This is not rocket science although some stuff gets too technical for me at times, but there are plenty of experienced and knowledgeable people here on the board ask.
The CPAP industry is getting bigger everyday and there is lots of money to be made. Nothing wrong with you taking the bull by the horns so to speak, and spending your money wisely.
Nothing wrong with being a Geek either- I don't see anyone laughing at Bill Gates.
Again, glad to hear about the new S9 and glad to have you here on the board with us.
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Airstream.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 138 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 262 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 698 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 127 19,670 12-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,986 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Resvent iBreeze 20A - any info? BadGoodDeb 7 1,571 06-27-2023, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What info about you in on the SD card? Rockandroll 1 426 06-05-2023, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.